No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson: I’m Looking To Beat Hopkins In Great Fashion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson: I’m Looking To Beat Hopkins In Great Fashion

By Jake Donovan - Chad Dawson pursued Bernard Hopkins for more than three years. His reward for waiting so long was a night that didn’t even last two rounds in a fight that doesn’t count in the record books.

A lethargic first round gave way to a wrestling match in the second round. The fight ended with a clinch gone awry. Hopkins’ body was draped over Dawson’s back, causing the former light heavyweight titlist to react by nudging the division’s current king off of him. Hopkins stumbled and fell to the canvas, landing on his elbow and claiming a shoulder injury that left him unable to continue.

Dawson was originally declared a TKO winner that evening, a ruling that left him as the lineal light heavyweight champion. The honor lasted about two months before the California State Athletic Commission overturned referee Pat Russell’s decision from that evening (with Russell himself testifying that he made the wrong call after reviewing the fight), making the fight a no-contest.

Hopkins remains the light heavyweight champion as he heads into Saturday’s rematch with Dawson at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. [Click Here To Read More]

oh yea well I'm lookin for a million dollars, but I can't seem to find it...

Comment

Comment

not gonna happen
        Dawson will move in and out and get the points
        it will be boring, there will be no real action
        Dawson had Pascal in his grasp and refused to really rush him
        he sure as hell won't try taking liberties with Hopkins
        Dawson has no serious power and Hopkins has a good chin
        Dawson can win but he can't dazzle in this fight
        Hopkins' style doesn't permit guys to shine against him

Comment

I really hope Hopkins beats the **** out of this guy.

But, I'm afraid that Dawson might just do it. Pascal is quick and explosive but fights in spurts. Dawson is fast too, more consistent and knows how to pace himself better. He'll make Hopkins work - constantly. Dawson may be the first to show the boxing world that even Hopkins can't cheat time.

I hope Hopkins beats Dawson and retires for good. The Executioner has already written his name in the history books. He needs to finalize the last chapter of this great journey of his. War Hopkins!

Comment

I got Hopkins and looking for a bet (20 mill or so), any takers?

Don't let the little points my account displays fool you, I can assure you if Mr. Dawson wins you will be fully compensated on our wager.

Comment

I'm looking to wake up one morning and find a 100 mill in cash in my driveway as I roll out to work so I won't have to roll out to work anymore...

Comment

hopefully Hopkins has one last performance in him, but I think he's done, still good but no longer great, and Dawson probably steals a close, controversial decision.

Comment

BHop got couple of fights left in him. But style wise, Dawson is gonna make him look real bad/old.

Comment

Good luck with that...................................not!!

Comment

Working...
                    X