Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward comparing GGG to Chavez Jr, says GGG hits harder and has better defense!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward comparing GGG to Chavez Jr, says GGG hits harder and has better defense!

This is what Andre Ward had to say during the Gabe Rosado fight about Golovkin when Max Kellerman compared GGG to Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.

"He might hit a tad bit harder than Senior. And I think defensively he a lot better. Golovkin is not a one trick pony, that is what I think a lot of people are missing here. They talk so much about the power, but he has got subtle defense. He is doing some things in there that has allowed him not to take a lot of punishment."

Direct link to the time he said it: https://youtu.be/UVuKFFeSmyI?t=21m48s

or click here and go to 21:50

So Ward said back then GGG is better than Chavez Sr and now he says Kovalev is better than GGG? What is it now? According to Ward GGG and Kovalev are the Greatest of our Era, pretty clear now why Ward ducked that fight and all he did was signing a Hoax offer at a weight he outgrew, an hour after GGG announced his own fight.

Thanks to a very good poster here, boxinglogic for bringing it up.
    Last edited by Jubei; 09-23-2016, 04:54 AM.

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    This is what Andre Ward had to say during the Gabe Rosado fight about Golovkin when Max Kellerman compared GGG to Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.

"He might hit a tad bit harder than Senior. And I think defensively he a lot better. Golovkin is not a one trick pony, that is what I think a lot of people are missing here. They talk so much about the power, but he has got subtle defense. He is doing some things in there that has allowed him not to take a lot of punishment."

Direct link to the time he said it: https://youtu.be/UVuKFFeSmyI?t=21m48s

or click here and go to 21:50

So Ward said back then GGG is better than Chavez Sr and now he says Kovalev is better than GGG? What is it now? According to Ward GGG and Kovalev are the Greatest of our Era, pretty clear now why Ward ducked that fight and all he did was signing a Hoax offer at a weight he outgrew, an hour after GGG announced his own fight.

Thanks to a very good poster here, boxinglogic for bringing it up.
    I dont think Ward ducked GGG, but that does show to all the haters that even Andre Ward sees GGG as multidimensional slick boxer puncher.

Comment

give it a rest

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        give it a rest
        ^Amen.

I thought jubei had a moment of lucidity and was actually acknowledging Ward's knowledge and honesty. Then, it devolved into delusion about ducking and Kovalev and...
        You'd think someone would see that and take it as a sign of respect from Ward. And, a reason for the GGG apologist to respect Ward. Somehow, it doesn't get processed that way in the mind.

Comment

This is the one part that pisses me off - if you follow the history of articles (GGG/Ward) through, you'll see they're playing out very, very similar to how Kovalev/Ward is currently progressing. In the beginning, both guys were very respectful to each other. Ward said a lot of complimentary things about Golovkin in 2013 and 2014. Golovkin did the same. Every time, he'd mention Ward as a "Great champion, top fighter today". By late 2014/Jan-Feb 2015, it turned into "you're ducking me" "no, you're ducking me". Then Golovkin basically told him to fuk off, Ward sent that fake off, went on his 'lil G' tirade, and now keeps talking trash about him every month or two.

It's truly sad that the relationship between two top fighters today degenerated into the trollfest we see today.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            give it a rest
            Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            ^Amen.

I thought jubei had a moment of lucidity and was actually acknowledging Ward's knowledge and honesty. Then, it devolved into delusion about ducking and Kovalev and...
            You'd think someone would see that and take it as a sign of respect from Ward. And, a reason for the GGG apologist to respect Ward. Somehow, it doesn't get processed that way in the mind.
            Why dont you criticize Ward for trashtalking GGG now and saying GGG is a basic fighter, when he said back then he is basically an improved Chavez Sr?

You know that Ward, same as you guys are obsessed, in a negative way.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              This is the one part that pisses me off - if you follow the history of articles (GGG/Ward) through, you'll see they're playing out very, very similar to how Kovalev/Ward is currently progressing. In the beginning, both guys were very respectful to each other. Ward said a lot of complimentary things about Golovkin in 2013 and 2014. Golovkin did the same. Every time, he'd mention Ward as a "Great champion, top fighter today". By late 2014/Jan-Feb 2015, it turned into "you're ducking me" "no, you're ducking me". Then Golovkin basically told him to fuk off, Ward sent that fake off, went on his 'lil G' tirade, and now keeps talking trash about him every month or two.

It's truly sad that the relationship between two top fighters today degenerated into the trollfest we see today.

Where did GGG say anything bad about Ward, except the truth that GGG was ready to fight Ward back in 2013 when HBO offered the fight and Ward was not ready?

Ward is the guy in awe, who commentated on GGG and compared him to the greatest fighters who ever lived and since then made excuses why he didnt want to fight GGG, made a fake offer and now just talks bad GGG every time he is being interviewed. How often does GGG talk about Ward lately if at all?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                I dont think Ward ducked GGG, but that does show to all the haters that even Andre Ward sees GGG as multidimensional slick boxer puncher.
                I agree with you, ducking is just the term that is being used every time. HBO offered the fight, GGG said "lets fight", Ward said "Uh no, my shoulder".

Nobody knows for sure what happened, it just happened that Ward went on to fight Edwin Rodriguez a couple months later and GGG went on to fight Curtis Stevens. But why is Ward now talking nonstop Golovkin? Basically every day Ward says something about GGG, and its always negative.

Comment

Just pushing this up for another Ward fan who missed the Memo.

Comment

Working...
                  X