No announcement yet.

Arturo Gatti isn't a HOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arturo Gatti isn't a HOF

Arturo Gatti, one of the most beloved boxers in recent time was inducted into the Hall of Fame on December of 2012. I saw his first bout with Mickey Ward live and the trilogy after that. I respect that he was a crowd pleaser and has an iron heart. But for the love of boxing and the credibility of the HOF and the many greats enshrined in the HOF. Arturo Gatti is not a HOF! He neither has the resume nor the skills nor the domination to be there...

Hes in. You cant do anything about it
    Deal with it

Comment

Hall of FAME. Yes he belongs in it he is a beloved fighter one of the most exciting ever

Comment

Originally posted by emre belozoglu View Post
        Hall of FAME. Yes he belongs in it he is a beloved fighter one of the most exciting ever
        I guess Emmanuel Augustus is exciting too so he belongs in it. Bernard Hopkins is boring as hell, he doesn't get in, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
          I guess Emmanuel Augustus is exciting too so he belongs in it. Bernard Hopkins is boring as hell, he doesn't get in, right?
          Gatti wasn't a journey man and Hopkins gets in because of his accompliahmts and he is famous for his achievements

Comment

gatti got in hof?

jesus.

i was just talking about him being a b level fighter.

just because the guy is popular and died tragically doesn't mean he gets a yes vote.

Comment

Arturo Gatti, one of the most beloved boxers in recent time was inducted into the Hall of Fame on December of 2012. I saw his first bout with Mickey Ward live and the trilogy after that. I respect that he was a crowd pleaser and has an iron heart. But for the love of boxing and the credibility of the HOF and the many greats enshrined in the HOF. Arturo Gatti is not a HOF! He neither has the resume nor the skills nor the domination to be there...
              I disagree. he didn't have a great resume or talent but he had just enough coupled with all those thrilling big fights to deserve it

Comment

Come on man. The guy used to get beat on by practically every big name at the time. Give him some credit. Lol

All jokes aside, He was entertaining as hell and seemed liked a pretty good dude.

Comment

rest in piece gatti you was a true warrior !!!!!!! but with that said he doesnt deserve to be in the HOF!!!!!! he was a c-d class fighter at best !!!!!!!! i wouldnt be surprised if floyd payed off the commitee to let him in , just so he could strenten his allready week ressume !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What an idiotic post. Are you a simpleton? Did Augustus elevate the sports name in the same way Gatti did? Not even close. Absolutely piss poor comparison. Hopkins is boring but he is there for his acheivements. Gatti, through his trilogy with Ward and other fights, has shown boxing in its best possible light and as such made an enormous contribution to the reputation of the sport. I have no problem with him being there, most fans dont.
                    Last edited by junior gong; 04-09-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X