Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Sergio had not fought Cotto, Rubio would be the man at 160 right now!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio had to have known he wasn't the same fighter during his prep work for the fight. So he picked his successor instead of retiring and having a box off for the vacant belt.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
      Sergio had to have known he wasn't the same fighter during his prep work for the fight. So he picked his successor instead of retiring and having a box off for the vacant belt.
      ...plus he made a few million $$$$ by choosing cotto over a real MW for less money when he knew he wasn't gonna win either way. Business decision.

Comment

It all makes sense now. Or cents if your Sergio Martinez..

Comment

It's possible if Rubio had fought Martinez who looked pretty poor against Cotto that Rubio would have defeated Martinez. The same thing could be said about maybe 10 other top 160 and 154 pounders. Martinez was perhaps ready to be beaten or perhaps Cotto's great performance just made it look that way. GGG is the man at middleweight. Rubio is not the best middleweight in the world. He never was the best middleweight in the world and he will never be the best middleweight in the world. He is a good middleweight but there will always be a few good middleweights who can kick his ass. I think Cotto is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
            Rubio called out GGG and said he'd be more than happy to fight him.

In my opinion GGG would be an easy KO winner over Rubio but right now he is fighting Geale who is ranked higher than Rubio by most ranking bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
              ...plus he made a few million $$$$ by choosing cotto over a real MW for less money when he knew he wasn't gonna win either way. Business decision.
              He would've gotten a 1.2 no matter what difference is his opponent (GGG) would've probably only gotten a little more than that.

Comment

Rubio is a pretty good middleweight and he can punch. 51 of his 59 wins came by KO. He lost 6 times and was KOed in 3 of those losses. Pavlic beat the hell out of him and knocked him out and Chavez won a ud over him so he is not the world best middleweight by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Rubio is a pretty good middleweight and he can punch. 51 of his 59 wins came by KO. He lost 6 times and was KOed in 3 of those losses. Pavlic beat the hell out of him and knocked him out and Chavez won a ud over him so he is not the world best middleweight by a long shot.
                  Thread went over your head, huh?

The point is that Rubio would have beaten that version of Martinez that Cotto fought and he'd have the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Thread went over your head, huh?

The point is that Rubio would have beaten that version of Martinez that Cotto fought and he'd have the belt.
                    I highly doubt it..

Comment

Honestly, I think any decent level middleweight might have beaten that version of Sergio.

I mean Martin Murray beat a much better version ffs

Comment

Working...
                      X