Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who stop supporting boxers because of a loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People do this too much. But it is different when a fighter is hyped as much as Khan was and gets blown out.

Comment

Originally posted by tenpoint View Post
      People do this too much. But it is different when a fighter is hyped as much as Khan was and gets blown out.
      I don't think Khan was overhped, except by idiots saying he'd beat mayweather but they were probably trolling

Fact is he DID have some very good wins

Kotelnik, Malinaggi and Judah were near enough shut outs, and say what you want they were decent world level fighters. Maidana gave him problems but he toughed it out

Petersen, he probably should have got the decision, and the legitimacy of Petersens performance is in doubt

Garcia, he just underestimated him and hung around in front of him far too long. Khan had been clipped by that hook several times in the fight and rode it ok, but it started adding up, and Khan was hanging around longer and longer and Garcia just hail mary'd him, like he should have done.

I don't know if khan can beat Garcia in a rematch, but it's not like Garcia sparked him with the first shot he landed, it was like the 20th time he landed that hook, and he knew he could load the **** out of it because khan was standing around after flurrying. I think after the Maidana fight he thought he could handle anything, and everyone underrated garcia to be honest didn'twe ? Khan should have used his footspeed to stay on the move and work behind the jab, it was clear garcia couldn't match the speed but Khan handed him the fight by giving him counters, if Khan operates the way he should in a rematch, garcia won't be able to load up his shots and Khan can win.... If he fights sensibly

We'll see where Khan goes, in all seriousness if he sticks to his jab and his movement and stops trying to have a tear up, he'll go back to the guy who shut out Kotelnik, Paulie and Judah and we'll have a good fighter on our hands again. If not, well it's over for him
      Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 02-18-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        It was depressing to see people who were Pacquiao fans act like he is garbage after he got KO'ed
        i dont think ive seen a pac fan like that ...care to name a few...

Comment

here's a fun fact : a lot of people are like this.. they are just not honest enough to admit it...it's easy to deny it given its hard to keep up with the names who are like this and most of all it's so easy to deny it....

Comment

People don't stop supporting a fighter because they lose, you need to distinguish between support and interested. Now if a fighter loses a fight many spectators will lose interest if the fighter is exposed as someone who will not make it to the next level.

When fighters stop supporting a fighter because of a loss it is usually down to the negative attitude that goes with it. E.g. making excuses, quitting, cheating etc.

Comment

Fuck Manny Pacquiao, never liked that bum even for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                Fuck Manny Pacquiao, never liked that bum even for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  It was depressing to see people who were Pacquiao fans act like he is garbage after he got KO'ed
                  I don't get this. I still see them wearing Pac as their avatar and signatures. I even saw a thread made with an option get over it Pac fans? That alone should be a good indication that people who support Pac are still here. I am a fan and I'm still here. I'm not as vocal as the rest but I support him still.

Comment

I don't think i'll ever stop supporting Pacquiao, Marquez or Martinez tbh even if they lose and get KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by AnKhang View Post
                      I don't get this. I still see them wearing Pac as their avatar and signatures. I even saw a thread made with an option get over it Pac fans? That alone should be a good indication that people who support Pac are still here. I am a fan and I'm still here. I'm not as vocal as the rest but I support him still.
                      it's obviously a made up idea to say they are better than pacfans but even he knows that idea is made up....its a "i wanna feel good about myself " sort of thing....

Comment

Working...
                      X