No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says - I'll Fight "Five More Times"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theocdog View Post
    my guess is that his next opponents are gonna be against the likes of canelo, chavez jr, amir khan. Lowest risk, highest reward.
    at this point whos better comp then the fights u named????????

Comment

• Dude Sergio weight in at 157 after eating 2 full meals. 154 would be no prob. That fight would be a toss up. He,s giving Floyd 80% and coming in at a even lower weight make it happen Floyd.

Comment

• Could've sworn he said it's not like all 5 are going to be strong champions. In other words, 1, 2, 3 or 4 MAYBE COULD BE strong champions. But more than likely, at the least, the last person he squares up with isn't going to be the biggest, baddest dude on the planet.

Pacquiao fans, and the majority of Floyd fans for that matter, are so biased and one-sided it's ridiculous. And really, is Pacquiao fighting the biggest and best guys out there constantly? I REALLY don't think ANYONE can argue that point, and be correct. Put it in to perspective.

Comment

• This sounds like what Manny did when he went on fighting Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez in that two year run from 2010-2011.

If Floyd did that, it'd mean him probably fighting people like the Berto-Ortiz II loser, Maidana, Morales, and Peterson.

I doubt Floyd does that.

The ideal fights for Floyd in the next year or so for me are as follows.....

Sergio at 154
          Khan (if he beats Peterson in the rematch and were to beat the Berto-Ortiz II winner or Alexander or something)
          Alvarez (if he gets a win or two over people like Cotto, Molina, Kirkland, Lara, Williams, etc.)
          Pacquiao goes without saying for both guys obviously.

The only fights I can see Manny doing in the next year or so after Bradley are probably.....

Rios I guess......Marquez a 4th time.....Peterson if he actually beats Khan this time.....Berto maybe if he beats Ortiz in the rematch. I can't see many other fights for him.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mannyfresh209 View Post
            could've sworn he said it's not like all 5 are going to be strong champions. In other words, 1, 2, 3 or 4 maybe could be strong champions. But more than likely, at the least, the last person he squares up with isn't going to be the biggest, baddest dude on the planet.

Pacquiao fans, and the majority of floyd fans for that matter, are so biased and one-sided it's ridiculous. And really, is pacquiao fighting the biggest and best guys out there constantly? I really don't think anyone can argue that point, and be correct. Put it in to perspective.
            what fighter in this era has just fought 6 straight high risk fights? This is another good question... Good post...

Comment

• A Floyd Mayweather who takes his record to 50-0 while beating Pacquiao and Martinez = Best fighter of the generation and an ATG

Do it Floyd! !

Comment

• Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
                dude sergio weight in at 157 after eating 2 full meals. 154 would be no prob. That fight would be a toss up. He,s giving floyd 80% and coming in at a even lower weight make it happen floyd.
                but hes fighting cotto in may then going to jail how n the hell do u expect him to make the fight now?

Comment

Shoots I would even pay to watch him fight a past his best days Paul Williams. It would be a interesting fight to say he least. Floyd can't hurt him, will not throw more punches than him, and is at a reach disadvantage. Oh and Paul is also taller last tall fighter may fought was Chico and that's when he was actually fighting... 154 if you can fight cotto there why not.
                  PAUL WILLIAMS?

Comment

Dude Sergio weight in at 157 after eating 2 full meals. 154 would be no prob. That fight would be a toss up. He,s giving Floyd 80% and coming in at a even lower weight make it happen Floyd.
                    If you say so. Last close to "toss-up" fight going in floyd had was Shane. The one before that Corrales. Check what happened!

Comment

• Floyd knows how to plays these dudes emotions like a fiddle, dudes getting so heated over a vague single sentence.

Comment

Working...
                      X