Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all those who were criticizing Ward, does he now have your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Comment

I think the fight proved that while Ward is great he isn't special. Either that or Kovalev is also special
      You have high standards, who do you consider special?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I was a neutral, felt Kovalev edged the fight but there's really not much between the two. Both excellent fighters.

If anything, i think Kovalev showed he is a brilliant boxer too because he outboxed Ward a fair bit in the fight. We all knew he was more than just a puncher, but i think he showed he's even better than many people thought.

I don't know how anybody can't respect Ward anyway. He absolutely cleaned out SMW beating the likes of Froch and Kessler along the way. The division was red hot when he was the proven number 1. Even if he did get a bit of a gift last night, he's still the real deal.
        Good post

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          What made it even more impressive, like I said before Ward has slipped significantly - look at the difference with him against Froch vs last night, the Brand fight, and Barrera fights.

He is clearly past his best.

Classic fight.
          Its possible hes lost a step but I think we're not giving Kovalev enough credit here. Kov is bigger than Froch and a better boxer so he would have more success against Ward. We should see how Ward does against a good but not great fighter and see if he truly has regressed or just fought another great fighter in Kov.

Comment

He fought a good fight,but came up short in my eyes and the eyes of the world.He was just given a gift decision in his home country.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              You never even seen a boxing gym in your life, mate.
              Srsly .. to compare that bout to anything from the ams is absurd at least in todays ams

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                He fought a good fight,but came up short in my eyes and the eyes of the world.He was just given a gift decision in his home country.
                It was a very close scoring fight in the judges eyes , the average fan if they are watching a tactical fight 95% of them will say the aggressor won when in professional boxing there is more going on , fans have always found it hard to give a fight to the defensive guy in pro boxing you can win fights on defense .

Like Ive said all over , the fight was close it could have gone either way and I wouldnt have cared less .

There was no robbery here the fight was close scoring it .

Comment

I have respect to his ring achivments but its one thing to woke away with controversial decision ,and other thing is to talk **** after and lie ,no respect for it

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    It was a very close scoring fight in the judges eyes , the average fan if they are watching a tactical fight 95% of them will say the aggressor won when in professional boxing there is more going on , fans have always found it hard to give a fight to the defensive guy in pro boxing you can win fights on defense .

Like Ive said all over , the fight was close it could have gone either way and I wouldnt have cared less .

There was no robbery here the fight was close scoring it .
                    Ward was given the benefit of the doubt in all cases.just look at the official judges score cards.

Comment

Originally posted by IboxSouthpaw View Post
                      Srsly .. to compare that bout to anything from the ams is absurd at least in todays ams
                      It was a joke cuse some ppl try to make a war from this fight when it clearly wasnt one.

Comment

Working...
                      X