Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Keith Thurman a harder fight than Lucas Matthysse for Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know why people say Thurman is big. He's actually only 5'7.5" and one inch smaller than Garcia, who is 5'8.5". Jessie Vargas is 5'10" and Spence is 5'9.5".

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      A washed up faded 3 years later Judah gave Garcia hell. Do you even watch boxing? Cause you certainly say it as if Garcia hasn't fought Judah. Wouldn't surprise me if you didnt even know that.

And I wouldn't be so sure about the bold either.
      so what, garcia still beat him.

Comment

Keef is the new boogeyman that is going to kill Danny.

We shall see.

#HisEyeTooTho

Comment

thurmans a ****ing good fighter. dont know why you are all trying to **** on him for

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            given his size, yes. matthysse and danny are just about the same size. thurman is a strong welterweight.

but matthysse was on a very good run at 140 and was one of the best 25 fighters in the world at the time. p4p matthysse had the better wins. he'd knocked out and dominated peterson, which is a better win, p4p, than struggling with shawn porter. peterson looked very good beating amir khan. then matthysse destroyed him. we knew he could bang with the right hand, but that left hook came out of nowhere and ended the night of a typically durable, world class fighter.
            Garcia was bigger than Matthysse. Garcia, I believe, was beating smaller men at 140. Now he is in real trouble, facing a big welterweight.

Comment

LOL, it went from Garcia was never going to fight Lucas to he is going to get killed to he was the bigger man on fight night.

Thurman is a better mover with power and Danny is a dedicated body puncher.

Comment

Yes.. Thurman is a tougher opponent

Thurman's versatility is much better than lucas'.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Garcia was bigger than Matthysse. Garcia, I believe, was beating smaller men at 140. Now he is in real trouble, facing a big welterweight.

so he's bigger than matthysse, but he's now in trouble because of the size of a guy one weight class higher?

you're talking about a very small difference in size between danny and matthysse, whereas keith thurman was at 154 for a period in time, the way porter was, and is a big WW. while i do agree that danny is a bit larger than matthyse, it's not by a lot. not near a weight class at the time that they fought, at any rate. certainly not enough that people were crediting danny with a big advantage in size, or that you could see it in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    Don't know why people say Thurman is big. He's actually only 5'7.5" and one inch smaller than Garcia, who is 5'8.5". Jessie Vargas is 5'10" and Spence is 5'9.5".

thurman started his career at around 150 lbs

danny started his pro career about 8-10 lbs lower than thurman started his. so did matthysse.

mike tyson was only about 5'10.5 or 5'11. are he and jesse vargas the same size, or shoudl we be more concerned about the weights at which they campaign and fight?

Comment

Lucas is an easy fight for the top guys, he is a club styled fighter and as he's shown can be persuaded to loose interest.
                      Thurman has boxing skills plus he is an awkward style, very herky jerky and is capable of throwing unorthodox punches.
                      He has decent power and shows good conditioning when he fights.
                      I think this is a competitive match with two young men who try!
                      Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X