Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According Dan Rafael, PBC was ultimately created because of Hershman banishment ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According Dan Rafael, PBC was ultimately created because of Hershman banishment ideas

Hershman made the controversial decision to banish all the fighters involved with manager/adviser Al Haymon from the network due to massive philosophical differences.
    Hershman was also in charge when recently retired pound-for-pound king Mayweather, Haymon's top client, left HBO for a nine-figure deal at Showtime. But he was also heavily involved in bringing Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao to fruition in May in a joint deal with Showtime.
    Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
    He's probably blamed responsible for unnecessarily break bread with Showtime, for the Mayweather Pacquiao fight. Due to the fact that Mayweather was already with HBO, before he was pushed away to Showtime.

Eventualy Al Haymon is an valuable resourceful person, but by pushing him back, HBO has created an alternative network which could become their own downfall.
    Despite HBO Sports president resignation, let's not forget about the WBC 53rd annual convention which have started this november, and here is some quotes.
    Dan Rafael describes the mandatories for the Light heavyweight division:
    Champion Adonis Stevenson has been ordered to make a mandatory against Sergey Kovalev (who holds the other three major alphabet titles) but the sides have not been able to make a deal, although the WBC said it will continue to help get it done.
    And according to Yvon Michel request:
    His first priority is to make a unification fight between his fighter and current RING champion Adonis Stevenson (who also holds the WBC belt) and Sergey Kovalev, who holds the IBF, WBA and WBO titles. He also said he has a date in February on hold for Stevenson’s next defense.
    Can we believe HBO will change their approach now?
    Last edited by TheThirdEye; 11-05-2015, 04:08 AM.

good(PBC) ending up coming out of evil(hbo)

Comment

Pure genius. It was about time for a change in the way boxing was ran. I feel a new era approaching, HBO is crumbling they always thought they could have the upper hand and push the little guys around.
      Last edited by AP♠; 11-05-2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
        Pure genius it was about time for a change in the way boxing was ran. I feel a new era approaching HBO is crumbling they always though they could have the upper hand and push the little guys around.
        Ummmm...what? Where did you learn to write a sentence?

Comment

Nowhere in that article does it say that.

Haymon didn't need to create PBC just because HBO banished him. lol

He just wanted to takeover boxing as a whole. Like it or not, it is an extremely ambitious goal that doesn't depend on one network that pissed him off.

Comment

Where is the Rafael quote saying that PBC was created over the HBO situation? I see you saying that in the post title, but no direct quote from Rafael. I see Rafael talking about HBO banishing Haymon fighters & than I see talk about Adonis & Sergey (would you let that f#cking **** go maaaaaaaan lol). Nothing about PBC at all & perhaps only hinted at with the "due to massive philosophical differences" line.

Comment

Should have just took out a hit on Haymon, would of been the logical way to go.

Comment

Haymon/Schaeffer had been planning the PBC back when they were still w/ HBO. Greenburg/Davis were yes-men that allowed Haymon to milk HBO w/ BS fights for top dollar and he then took that practice to Showtime and now using hedge fund money to do so.

In all those years of taking big money to make **** fights, Haymon's never developed a genuine star performer. Mayweather was developed over years under TR's guidance with tough yet manageable fights for moderate/reasonable money.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  Nowhere in that article does it say that.
                  Beat me to it.

He just wanted to takeover boxing as a whole. Like it or not, it is an extremely ambitious goal that doesn't depend on one network that pissed him off.
                  Exactly. I believe the one quote about Haymon wanting to "take over boxing" is attributed to a former HBO Boxing guy years age when Haymon didn't even have 10 fighters on his roster. So this was something that was in his mind way before the relationship with HBO went bad we at least know that if we are to believe the HBO's guy quote anyway. And its at least arguable he wanted HBO in on it with him at one time just like he wanted GBP in on it (maybe not Oscar, but GBP for sure) at one time I think we can all agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Where is the Rafael quote saying that PBC was created over the HBO situation? I see you saying that in the post title, but no direct quote from Rafael. I see Rafael talking about HBO banishing Haymon fighters & than I see talk about Adonis & Sergey (would you let that f#cking **** go maaaaaaaan lol). Nothing about PBC at all & perhaps only hinted at with the "due to massive philosophical differences" line.

Eff! eff, there's no such quote, it's just a title.
                    Dan rafael leaves us to imply that if Haymon boxers would still be with HBO, there wouldn't be no PBC, at least not yet. Losing Mayweather was terrible, not to mention others like Broner or Garcia.
                    Let's be honest for a moment, in some positions as (so called) senior writer, you have a responsibility to appear professional and be more objective as possible to avoid ethical issues. And according to Dan, he seems to mainly point his finger on some Hershman errors, like the Haymon saga, therefore it's logical to ask ourselves why?
                    Given that the primarily wish of all top writers is to ensure that the audience reads what lies between the lines of their articles. There is no person that reads without initiating the process of thought.

Then we saw talk about Adonis & Sergey (would the WBC, Michel or Stevenson let that f#cking fight go, naaaaaaaah man naaaaaaaah lol).
                    Last edited by TheThirdEye; 11-06-2015, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X