Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dibella: "Martin Murray is the desired opponent" [for Martinez]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murray is not a bum. Unless you think Felix Sturm was a bum too.

Comment

So the guy is 37 years old, coming off a knee surgery and two injured hands, and you guys are blaming him for fighting Murray in his hometown (for the first time in 10 years by the way) ... Yet I see that many guys from here still have Pac top 3 P4P even though he lost against Marquez and fought terrible opposition lately... Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
        this guy has become one of the biggest cherry pickers in his division.
        You're kidding right? Beating Pavlik, Williams and Jr and he's the biggest cherry picker in the division ... right. Let's see the top fights for the other guys in the division.

GGG: Ouma and Proksa

Geale: Sturm, Adama, Sylvester, Karmazin and Mundine.

Sturm: Geale (lost), Zbik, Murray and Macklin (he lost against Macklin I don't care what the official record says)

Jr: Rubio, Lee, Martínez (Lost), Manfredo

The Almighty Pirog: Ishida and Jacobs

Yet Martínez is one of the biggest cherry pickers in the division according to you.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          So the guy is 37 years old, coming off a knee surgery and two injured hands, and you guys are blaming him for fighting Murray in his hometown (for the first time in 10 years by the way) ... Yet I see that many guys from here still have Pac top 3 P4P even though he lost against Marquez and fought terrible opposition lately... Damn.
          Which terrible opposition is this? Even washed up Mosley is better than Barker and Murray. Pac is on a 3 fight streak against Ring p4pers, when is the last time someone did that? When is the last time Martinez fought a p4per? I know, couple of years ago when he fought his first.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Murray is not a bum. Unless you think Felix Sturm was a bum too.
            Not a bum, of course. Neither are Gevor or Randy Griffin, guys that got robbed legit by a fresher Sturm. Murray didn't get robbed though, he got a gift draw, judges making up for the Macklin robbery. All of them very decent fighters, but not p4p comp.

Comment

Let him fight a bum for once.

He's been fighting good competition for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Which terrible opposition is this? Even washed up Mosley is better than Barker and Murray. Pac is on a 3 fight streak against Ring p4pers, when is the last time someone did that? When is the last time Martinez fought a p4per? I know, couple of years ago when he fought his first.
                So a guy with no wins in 2 years is better than an undefeated young fighter? Really? Even though he couldn't beat Mora?

I guess the same applies to Pac. Mosley, Margarito, Bradley, Clottey were not top 10 P4P, you could make a case for Cotto ... The only P4P fighter was Marquez and he lost (shitty scorecards in the third fight)
                Last edited by vacon04; 11-13-2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

So a guy with no wins in 3 years is better than an undefeated young fighter? Really? Even though he couldn't beat Mora?

I guess the same applies to Pac, Mosley, Margarito, Bradley, Clottey were not top 10 P4P, you could make a case for Cotto ... The only P4P fighter was Marquez and he lost (shitty scorecards in the third fight)
                  Bradley's been in the Ring's top 10 p4p for a while, that's 3 bouts in a row vs p4pers. I think Mosley was a garbage fight for Pac, but even then he was a year removed from being a good win for Floyd. And a year later became Canelo's career best win, at 154 where he's undersized. Either way, I'll take a washed up Mosley over washed up Dzinziruk, or guys like Barker/Murray with 0 decent wins. Not to mention Clottey, Marg.

Comment

You're kidding right? Beating Pavlik, Williams and Jr and he's the biggest cherry picker in the division ... right. Let's see the top fights for the other guys in the division.

GGG: Ouma and Proksa

Geale: Sturm, Adama, Sylvester, Karmazin and Mundine.

Sturm: Geale (lost), Zbik, Murray and Macklin (he lost against Macklin I don't care what the official record says)

Jr: Rubio, Lee, Martínez (Lost), Manfredo

The Almighty Pirog: Ishida and Jacobs

Yet Martínez is one of the biggest cherry pickers in the division according to you.
                    LOL

GTFO, everybody knows that the top guys are Geale, Golovkin, and Quillin. All 3 fighters were coming off wins over other top 10 middleweights. Its really not that hard to see, hes been doing this right after the Dzinzurik fight. If you don't call his last few opponents cherry picks then something is definitely wrong with you.

Dibella can go fuck off with his stupid ass comments about Golovkin.

Comment

Martinez is entitled to an easier fight, especially after a layoff due to surgery.

Comment

Working...
                      X