No announcement yet.

Ward vs Barrera face off...Wards got that eye of the tiger. looks pissed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward vs Barrera face off...Wards got that eye of the tiger. looks pissed

Or it's the sun in his eyes. Meaningless anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Yup, pretty much.

Comment

" did this fool just touch me" face lol

you can tell a lot from a staredown....back in my high school wrestling days, the hand shake and the moment before the ref says wrestle really shows who has fear, who is focused or just wants to be there

Comment

they dont mean alot sometimes but remember stare downs tyson had like with spinks....you knew it wouldnt last long and spinks was in fear

most times they dont mean a thing. guys like GGG and pac will smile and shake hands but go ape **** on you in the ring..i feel you

Im just happy to see ward back in the ring. been following him closely since 04...was the guy I pegged to take over after floyd...we'll see

Comment

Ward isn't playing. He's got that stern, but unemotional gaze. The scariest kind an opponent can have. Barrera always looks a little nervous for some reason but particularly so here. He transitioned from being still, to nervously chewing gum a few secs in to the stare, to still again once they turned to the cameras. I don't like to read into face-offs much but that was telling.

Comment

Not sure why but I have a feeling this fight could be better than many people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Ward isn't playing. He's got that stern, but unemotional gaze. The scariest kind an opponent can have. Barrera always looks a little nervous for some reason but particularly so here. He transitioned from being still, to nervously chewing gum a few secs in to the stare, to still again once they turned to the cameras. I don't like to read into face-offs much but that was telling.
                I dont read to much into them....most times.....but you can see who is focused or has doubts in staredowns

worked for me back in the day during wrestling tournaments....I used to squeeze my opponents hand as hard as i could....if they squeezed back i knew i was in tough, if they didnt and looked away \...it was usually a guy i'd run over

Ward is definitely out to shut some folks the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Then all the sudden wants to shake Wards hand

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Ward is definitely out to shut some folks the **** up
                    Too bad he won't get any credit for it as everyone is sleeping on Barrera. I wish Ward were fighting someone else as I would have liked to see Barrera fight someone like Kovalev or Stevenson. Ward will take his 0 before he gets a chance to shine. I think he'd be Kovalev's toughest opponent to date.
                    Maybe after Ward beats Kovalev, we'll get to see Kovalev/Barrera. That should be damned good.

Comment

Working...
                    X