• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoles vs SRL and Monzon vs Hopkins

Two fights between ATGs
    Napoles vs Leonard at 147
    Monzon vs Hopkins at 160

15 rounds and all that good stuff. Who wins and how?

leonard via ud
    idk bout mozon vs hop mozon never faught someone so big?

Comment

Napoles/Leonard would be a tactical close fight. I'd favour Leonard.

Monzon/Hopkins would be a mismatch in my eyes.
      I think Monzon would badly beat him up and ko him.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
        Napoles/Leonard would be a tactical close fight. I'd favour Leonard.

Monzon/Hopkins would be a mismatch in my eyes.
        I think Monzon would badly beat him up and ko him.
        I agree with both.

Comment

Leonard - as techically brilliant as Napoles, but with more game and a better chin. UD or late stoppage

Monzon - Hopkins great fight. Definatley Monzon over current and older version of Hopkins, too busy and hard hitting and wouldn't be intimated or mind-gamed by Bhop.
          With younger verions of Hopkins, Monzon just. Monzon had such a consistent output of hard effective punches that wore opponents down. Hopkins would have his moments though, and his lateral movement and ring savy would make Monzon work very hard. Monzon is not an easy target for Hopkins money punch, the right hand. With his long reach and constant piston jab, which he could throw going forward or backwards, Monzon's left would be in Hopkins face all night. Hopkins best chance to land the right is when Monzon throws the left uppercut, which he did from a very upright position. Monzon by SD

Comment

Both very interesting match ups. I think Leonard would edge a points lead and possibly stop Napoles late as Napoles had to throw caution to the wind. I think BHop might find himself bullied out of a fight for once. I think all the things that BHop draws on such as ring smarts, mental toughness and size to give himself an edge, Monzon has covered. Long night for Hopkins, I don't see Monzon stopping him but I do see a convincing points win.

Comment

Leonard likely stops Napoles on cuts, either that or a Napoles wins decision.
              Monzon on points.
              Last edited by NChristo; 07-17-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I think SRL probably knocks Napoles out late. Bhop/Monzon would be a good match up. I dont know why yall thinks its a mismatch in favor of Monzon. Monzon was kinda basic with his style and BHop would give him a lot of problems. I say its an ugly decision that could go either way.

Comment

I would take Leonard over Napoles.

I would also take Monzon over Hopkins. I think Hopkins is crafty and tough enough to make it a good fight, but I really view Monzon as a cut above.

Comment

Leonard on cuts and Monzon by a hard fought decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X