This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    You would think so but when we were in the same group in the World Cup the USA won the group.
    Which means nothing. The best team doesn't always finish first in football. Wales won Englands group this year, when they played each other England were a class above with Wales trying to hang on for a draw. Are Peru better than Brazil because they beat and finished above them?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      You would think so but when we were in the same group in the World Cup the USA won the group.
      That was 6 years ago ffs. Are yanks still holding onto that meaningless achievement?

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
        that day are long gone..

it's been 15 years now since a lot of fans(excluding englishman) dont give a **** if the K.O stages of big tournament have no england in it.
        England is probably the most hated national team. There's non-English fans in this forum hoping England lose. Fat yanks seem to be the biggest haters, they think they're in some sort of rivalry the only problem is it's one sided. England fans don't give a **** about the USA football team and never have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
          England is probably the most hated national team. There's non-English fans in this forum hoping England lose. Fat yanks seem to be the biggest haters, they think they're in some sort of rivalry the only problem is it's one sided. England fans don't give a **** about the USA football team and never have.
          well there are deep rooted hatred between limeys and fat yanks but i dont really give a **** since i'm neither of those.

my point in my earlier post is england became so mediocre in the last 15 years to the point fans are not expect any significant things done by england in big tournament.

just like europe second-tier teams like russia, switzerland, sweden, ukraine OR African and north american team in world cup. maybe they became dark horse sometimes but they're there just to participate, really...

and now england are one of them

Comment

• That Messi performance was a special personal slap in the face hand delivered by Leo himself for all those fat yanks who are the only fans in world football who actually think Ronaldo is a better player than Messi.

They do love the idea of a "athlete" supposedly working his way to the top with all the fancy training and gym work etc so they lie to themselves into believing because Cristiano Ronaldo is the better athlete he must be the better player.

I wonder if they'll still think he's better now, after having just recieved said slap on there fat American chins by the GOAT himself, personally delivered to them in their back yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
              i mean look at Italy. apart from the world class first-team back line anyone in the team are just mediocre barely world class young players. but they have that character, that aura which made the opponent think twice and reinvented tactics when facing them.

england doesn't have that

Comment

• If Troyston Deeney goes to Leicester for 30 million pound sterling I will seriously consider giving up watching football.

Troy Deeney for 30 million quid!!!! Thirty million pounds. For TRoy Deeney. Deeney Troy.

I refuse to believe.

Comment

• It best be some sort of sick twisted joke.

And then bidding 15m for Micheal Keane? Who the bloody hell is he?

I get that it's ironic coming from a Liverpool fan given some of the dog ****e we've spent big money on but seeing a club like Leciester do it really hits home just how much silly money there is in football nowadays. At least we're a massive club. Leicester doe. Are they trying to go back down to the Championship with those sort of signings?

You've got big money so what do you decide to do? Spend 30 million quid on a 29 year old Troy Deeney. The mind boggles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    It best be some sort of sick twisted joke.

And then bidding 15m for Micheal Keane? Who the bloody hell is he?

I get that it's ironic coming from a Liverpool fan given some of the dog ****e we've spent big money on but seeing a club like Leciester do it really hits home just how much silly money there is in football nowadays. At least we're a massive club. Leicester doe. Are they trying to go back down to the Championship with those sort of signings?

You've got big money so what do you decide to do? Spend 30 million quid on a 29 year old Troy Deeney. The mind boggles.
                    This is why I think Chelsea might as well spend £50 million on Leonardo Bonucci...if the cash is there.

Yeah he's 29. But if Deeney cost that - that deal actually looks like a good deal. We'd have probably the best defender in league.

I think it is at that stage now - when any old half decent player is about £30-£40 million. It would seem sensible to me to make-do to an extent and just go balls deep on the real world talent.

Chelsea need to be active - but even as a fan I would rather not bother with new players if you have to pay £45 million for Alvaro Morata, or £30 million for Simone Zaza. It is not my money, granted, but its grotesque.

Comment

• Juts seen a video of Ronaldo throwing an interviewer's mic into a near by lake while out with the Portugal squad.

Must of just seen Messi's free-kick.

Comment

Working...
                      X