Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Lack of KOs: I'm Really 140-Pounder, Can Make 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But before he was knocking junior middleweights eyes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
      The Hatton fight but that's it.
      Ohhh yeah! You are right my bad. Forgot about that one.

Comment

Clottey- Stayed in a defensive shell the whole fight. He showed up to survive and did a pretty good job of it.

Margarito- Pac gave him a gruesome beating for 12 rounds, broke his orbital in the 4th, hurt him badly to the body, and had him on wobbly legs in the 10th. Many refs would have stopped that fight at some point but Laurence Cole let it roll.

Mosley- Pacquiao hurt him early and Mosley stopped throwing. He was able to get away from Pac most of the night but he wasnt fighting. He was looking for a way out in between rounds 10-11. He wanted Nazim to stop the fight but he refused to do it.

Marquez 3- Everyone was severly underestimating JMM coming into this fight, maybe even team Pac and we now know he has Pac's number anyway. Marquez is a BOSS and nobody has knocked him out yet.

Bradley- Credit to Bradley's ability to slip punches and figuring out away to avoid the left. Well all know Tim is a really tough dude who never gives up. Provo had him out for over 30 mins and still couldn't put him away.

Marquez 4- Somebody was going to get knocked out that night. It appeared Manny was on his way to an eventual KO/TKO when BOOM Marquez cut the lights out.

Rios- It was an obvious tune up following a horrific KO. Many doubted he would ever come back from it. I felt there should have been no reason he couldnt KO Rios though. Aside from that it was a beautiful technical performance by him that I still enjoy watching.

Bradley 2- This was a better Bradley than fight one, whereas Pacquiao didn't look as sharp as he was in the first fight. Bradley boxed sensational against Marquez before this fight but Pacquiao beat him easy although I don't remember Bradley ever being in serious trouble.

Algieri- I was shocked and disappointed to see he couldn't put this kid away despite the knockdowns. Algieri may be a better fighter than we percieved him to be at the time and that remains to be seen.

Mayweather- One of the best defensive fighters ever. Few fighters have managed to hit him enough to even sting the guy. However, that moment when Pac slipped the jab and hurt him with the left in the 4th was crucial. Pac was hitting him with hooks around the guard and body shots left and right even some up the middle. It was the perfect opportunity to inflict damage that could turn the tide of the fight, and a situation Mayweather doesnt allow to happen twice....then he backed away and gave Mayweather the space he needed back. I couldnt ****in believe it. To me it was a sign that the old Pacquiao of 08-11 really was gone. It was as if Pacquiao had thought about the Marquez 4 night for a split second and backed away fearing he was leaving himself open for some wicked counter. In reality Mayweather was in no position to do any real harm as he is not a powerful puncher at such a close range and he doesnt look so spectacular when the opponent has him trapped and doesnt let him have his control of space. Maybe it was the shoulder but to me Pacquiao was much more fearless before the 2012 knockout.

So in conclusion, yeah I'd say the weight has factored in to him not knocking anyone out since Hatton and Cotto(TKO) but I think his opponents factored in as well. The world learned he wasnt a little man when he crushed Cotto and since then his opposition fought him differently than the previous 3 guys he destroyed moving up.
        Last edited by Panopticon; 03-22-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

He needs to get back on them there Ariza Secret Shakes!!
          PAC is like Popeye without his Can o' Spinach!!

Less than 60% KO rate

But greater than 60% if you add the times he got KO'ed
          Hahahahahaha!!

The karma Rapist gave me a Red K!! Called me a ******!!

Thank you !!! I feel honored to be recognized by your lordship!

But greater than 60% if you add the times he got KO'ed
          Hahahahahaha!!
          Last edited by Zaroku; 04-07-2016, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao: I'm Really 140-Pounder, Can Make 135.....

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao has not scored a knockout inside distance since scoring a twelfth round stoppage of Miguel Cotto, a catch-weight of 145, in the fall of 2009.
            [Click Here To Read More]

Then why did you drag Marquez up to 147 in the 3rd fight ?

Comment

Might be too old to make 135 without repercussions. I think he could make 140 fine though.

Comment

He had 1 fight at 140 yet claims him no welterweight

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    So many reasons.... I think when a fighter don't allow Manny to dictate the pace of the fight and don't walk forward face first, then they stay in the fight.
                    wtf does this have anything to do with him explaining why he hasnt score a ko?? so marg wasnt a face first come foward? there was no ko in that fight. rios wasnt a face first come foward?? there was no ko in that fight.

so using ur logic, i guess manny has been fighting better oppoents then since his opponents wont let him dictate the pace? because if he was fighting those "walk forwaerd face first" he would still be getting all these ko's right?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Then why did you drag Marquez up to 147 in the 3rd fight ?
                      mind games. team pac thought by doing this they will handicap marquez. backfired on they azz.

Comment

Working...
                      X