Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico's contribution to the sport of boxing is amazing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico's contribution to the sport of boxing is amazing.

Realised last night that some of the best young fighters in the sport are either Mexican or Mexican Americans - Canelo, Mares, Santa Cruz, Mikey Garcia, Rios.

Then consider some of the ATG fighters they've produced - Chavez Sr, Salvardor Sanchez, Morales, Barrera, JMM, Ricardo Lopez, DLH.

Even some not quite ATGs like Castillo, Vargas, Margarito were excellent fighters who always brought it.

They've also been involved in some of the best fights ever - Castillo vs Corrales, Erik's trilogies with MAB and Pac, Izzy/Rafa trilogy, JCC Sr vs Meldrick.

They have an amazing boxing culture and identity and in many ways, are the lifeblood of this sport.

And this is coming from someone who comes from England and has no link to Mexico at all.

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Mexican fighters are the definition of warriors. If theyre is a mexican on the card you know you will get a war. You never end up dissapointed like with other fighters that like to hit and run.

Comment

agreed. like i said a couple of days ago, mexican fighters are the lifeblood of boxing, boxingscene mexican nazis aside.

Comment

yep these Mexican boxers hearts are amazing, just imagine boxing without Mexicans it wouldnt make sense lol

who would people watch, Floyd wouldnt be a ppv king he needed DLH fame n he still needs Canelo on his fights lol, n he only fights on May 5th n September, I bet he is hoping Guerrero beats Berto so they can make the fight on May 5th

Comment

Comment

I agree with the OP.

Comment

dont forget benavidez

Comment

Jessie Magdonaldo will get a strap in acouple of FOTYC

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross
                    dont forget benavidez
                    Not sure how I did, I love that kid, even though the last fight got me a little worried.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X