No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Leaves Frank Warren, Vazquez Fight is Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Leaves Frank Warren, Vazquez Fight is Off

WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns has parted ways with longtime promoter Frank Warren, according to the boxer’s manager, Alex Morrison. The parting of ways is the second major blow to Warren in less than a week, as on Monday super middleweight George Groves officially jumped ship from Warren to promotional rival Eddie Hearn of Matchroom.

[Click Here To Read More]

Onto Broner now! Let's 'ave it. :box2:

Comment

I'd like to see these alleged pictures.

Comment

Time to retire Warren. Everytime I see an article about the guy, it's either regarding him suing one of his fighters or one of them leaving him......not a good look.

Comment

Warren needs to get out of the boxing game

Now Burns is left in a tough spot because of him

Comment

Burns will surely sign with Matchroom now. It's the logical thing to do and I'm guessing Hearn will be happy to have him.

And, if he signs with him, he will get the Broner fight.

If Hearn get's him his stable will be huge;

Froch
            Brook
            Groves
            Frampton
            Barker
            Bellew
            Burns
            Purdy
            Rees

He will have the British scene all too himself almost.

How long until Cleverly jumps ship?

He apparently wants big fights and is convieniently getting the exact opposite.

It seems the new breed of British fighters aren't happy to take the Calzaghe route with Frank Warren and fight unranked nobodies defending a worthless paper title for years on end.

Comment

Broner Time

Now maybe he can fight Broner on Cinco De Mayo weekend. That'll be a good lead up to the main event. It might even be better than the main event.

Comment

Has Warren ever had a fighter leave his stable on good terms? From what I've read Hamed, Hatton, Calzaghe, Khan, Brook, Bellew, DeGale, Groves and now Burns have all left in a huff - some with particularly bad blood (Hatton and Calzaghe).

I'm pretty sure Cleverly will be next, since his career has also stagnated big time since 2011... which leaves Saunders, Gavin and Chisora still onboard the sinking ship. Time to jump clear and swim for shore, lads!

Comment

Uh oh! Okay what happens now,realistically the only promoter in the uk is matchroom.hennesseys got is channel 5 deal buts he's never gonna get burns the big fights,neither Maloney nor hatton have tv deals so the 3 options seem to be go with matchroom,promote himself or see if gbp or top rank are interested.if true,warrens gonna be screwing.his column( *****fest) in the sun newspaper on Saturday should be interesting.

Comment

Oh, and one more thing - for once I'm actually eagerly awaiting Warren's column on BoxingScene, just to see what the fish-eyed pillock has to say for himself now. :sneak3:

I will give him his props, though. He's made some big UK-level fights happen, like Groves-DeGale, Katsidis-Mitchell/Burns and Chisora-Fury/Haye, but in the end the problem with his fighters in the long-term always seems to come down to money. Either he's crap at managing the wonga, or his stable invariably has a shelf-life for young fighters until they need to hop over to bigger promoters with better resources.
                    Last edited by PittyPat; 03-06-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X