Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Chambers robbed???? He only won 1 round.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Adamek romped it,I mean look at his workrate some of the punches he was landing may have looked as though they were being blocked,but he was landing,they were not fully blocked.Eddie didn't do enough,but his movement saved him being mauled on points credit where its due.

Comment

I had it 116-112 for Chambers, he was robbed!

Comment

I disagree,I think Adamek won.

Comment

I narrowly scored it for Adamek based on superior workrate and a consistent body attack. Chambers did phenomenally well considering his handicap and didn't deserve the BS 119-109 score but I also didn't see him doing enough to win the majority of the rounds. His counter right was working a charm, but it was still being thrown too far between Adamek's flurries which, though mostly blocked or evaded, were not wholly ineffective. He was also getting hit with some very solid bodyshots which were hardly picked up on by the NBC commentating team and may have lead some viewers to totally dismiss them in forming their final verdict.

I have no problem with anyone scoring it for Chambers, but if you think he was robbed, watch the fight again minus the NBC commentary and pay attention to Adamek's bodywork. Also notice that, despite Eddie blocking the majority of Tommy's headshots, occasional cuffing hooks and right hands would get past his gloves. Chambers made it a hard fight to score due to his posturing and switch hitting which often had him throwing lead rights almost like jabs and under amateur rules would have widely outpointed Adamek. But aside from a few crisp rights, the majority of heavy shots were coming from Adamek which, coupled with his superior workrate and body attack, nicked him the fight for me.

On a side note, I don't think Adamek looked terrible (I've never considered him a particularly impressive heavyweight) but upon a second viewing I definitely noticed he was markedly more sluggish. Bloodworth's making a mistake wanting him to be so heavy. It really doesn't do him any favours either in stamina, punching power or resiliency.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
            I read here yesterday that many pple said they scored the Adamek-Chambers fight for Chambers, and then I said to myself "Now Ima watch it myself." I did that now and I only gave Chambers the 7th round.
            I scored the first 3 rounds as a draw, which is unusual, but I just didnt see how anybody of the 2 deserved to win them. All the other rounds I scored for Adamek: rounds 4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12.
            Chambers didnt do NOTHING in this fight. He was showboating and showed a little bit of defence sometimes. The few punches he threw were hitting air all night, he only landed a few punches. The commentary was biased and a joke. They were making it look like Chambers was winning the fight. Chambers' punches look like they are weak as hell. I mean, I didnt get hit with them so basically I shouldnt say this, but they look like they got nothing on them. They are shoe shine punches. Chambers is more focussed on shoe shining that actually trying to land hard punches.
            Yeah, a lot of Adamek's punches were blocked, but bottom line is Adamek outworked Chambers in almost every round. How can you give the rounds to a guy like Chambers who does basically NOTHING except showboating?
            ^^^^^ I think this is another one of Tunney's alt accounts :rolleyes9:

Comment

Adamek won.

Comment

This was a close fight, one of the judges is totally incompetent and should be suspended

Comment

Adamek is a beast...Chambers is good but Adamek is and always will be the better fighter....one of the most underrated in the game.

Comment

That was a boring ass fight.

Comment

Eddie won that fight. With one arm.

Comment

Working...
                      X