No announcement yet.

your opinion on the cuban prospects?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinion on the cuban prospects?

we have rigondeaux, lara, gamboa, yudel johnson, odlanier solis etc.

out of the cuban defectors who would you say is the most skilled and the one you like watching the most?

i have them listed as such
    1. guillermo rigondeaux (two time gold medalist, dominated as an amateur and has shown that he has a nice pro style) rigondeaux is a master counter-puncher who sets his opponents up with disstance.

2. erislandy lara (gold medalist) he has developed a nice pro style, and he has all around good skills, nice defense, great offense, can fight inside very well. he will takeover the jr. middleweight division in my opinion, he is just to versatile and to skilled overall for the current fighters in the division.

3. yuriorkis gamboa (another succesful amateur winning medals) i dont think he is as talented as lara and rigondeaux but he is highly skilled and is very exciting buti think he will get himself knocked out on the top level

4. odlanier solis (gold medalist and overall a great amateur. he has wins over the great felix savon and a stoppage win over david haye also) solis has been coming in high on the scales but i think hes in better shape then people think hes just a very big dude. but yea he could get in better shape. solis is very skilled, he is very rangy for a short heavyweight being 6'1 1/2 with an 79 inch reach. he is a very good body puncher and has a good left hook and overhand right. i think he is one of the best heavyweights currently and will make a beakthrough into the top ten in 2010.

5. yudel johnson (a very good amateurbut not great like his fellow cubans) johnson is a counter puncher who likes to move. he has decnt all around skills but his habit of taking breaks and seeming to lose focus at times worries me when he gets on the top level hence why i have him ranked the lowest.

let me know who you think is the most talented. and if you want to show me your ranking list for the cubans. ( you motha****as better get away for the pacquioa-cotto **** for a lil bit and come into this thread i spent alot of time typing this **** out lol)

It totally agree with you on Gamboa, Lara is the good and in my opinion he will be at the top of the sport in a few year. Johnson is simply not that good in my view....I see him getting beaten by contender level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
      we have rigondeaux, lara, gamboa, yudel johnson, odlanier solis etc.

out of the cuban defectors who would you say is the most skilled and the one you like watching the most?

i have them listed as such
      1. guillermo rigondeaux (two time gold medalist, dominated as an amateur and has shown that he has a nice pro style) rigondeaux is a master counter-puncher who sets his opponents up with disstance.

2. erislandy lara (gold medalist) he has developed a nice pro style, and he has all around good skills, nice defense, great offense, can fight inside very well. he will takeover the jr. middleweight division in my opinion, he is just to versatile and to skilled overall for the current fighters in the division.

3. yuriorkis gamboa (another succesful amateur winning medals) i dont think he is as talented as lara and rigondeaux but he is highly skilled and is very exciting buti think he will get himself knocked out on the top level

4. odlanier solis (gold medalist and overall a great amateur. he has wins over the great felix savon and a stoppage win over david haye also) solis has been coming in high on the scales but i think hes in better shape then people think hes just a very big dude. but yea he could get in better shape. solis is very skilled, he is very rangy for a short heavyweight being 6'1 1/2 with an 79 inch reach. he is a very good body puncher and has a good left hook and overhand right. i think he is one of the best heavyweights currently and will make a beakthrough into the top ten in 2010.

5. yudel johnson (a very good amateurbut not great like his fellow cubans) johnson is a counter puncher who likes to move. he has decnt all around skills but his habit of taking breaks and seeming to lose focus at times worries me when he gets on the top level hence why i have him ranked the lowest.

let me know who you think is the most talented. and if you want to show me your ranking list for the cubans. ( you motha****as better get away for the pacquioa-cotto **** for a lil bit and come into this thread i spent alot of time typing this **** out lol)

They only know Pac and Floyd.. they're not boxing fans they are Floyd and Pac fans only.

1. Rigondeaux.........I said this in another thread...By the start of 2012 Rigondeaux will be the best fighter on the Planet and it wont even be close. Hes the most skilled...the fastest, the most discipline , the most skilled, the most defensive.....He looks like a cross Between Pac and Floyd crazy as it sound.

2. Lara- I seen him figth a couple times, I like his skill set and it will be interesting to see him against the fighters at 154 because that divison will be loaded with Talent.

3. Gamboa- Gamboa doesnt get much love on the forums because we see his chin is iffy but he might end up having a great career and surprising everybody...and we still havent seen the best from him.

*I HAVENT SEEN SOLIS, AND JOHNSON FIGHT) I'll youtube them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        It totally agree with you on Gamboa, Lara is the good and in my opinion he will be at the top of the sport in a few year. Johnson is simply not that good in my view....I see him getting beaten by contender level fighters.
        i agree. thanks for taking the time to give your opinion.

Comment

I think Lara is the less talked about, but is the best of the group.

If Solis gets in fuking shape, he could be the saviour of te HW division

Gamboa is very good and very exciting to watch, but like you said his style and shaky chin will get him KO'd sometimes, but he will KO some Mo FO's too.

About Rigodeaux I think he is talented, no doubt, but he wont be as great as they expect. He is too inactive and too within is ama style. He will be champ, but nothing special!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aldo-Raine View Post
            They only know Pac and Floyd.. they're not boxing fans they are Floyd and Pac fans only.

1. Rigondeaux.........I said this in another thread...By the start of 2012 Rigondeaux will be the best fighter on the Planet and it wont even be close. Hes the most skilled...the fastest, the most discipline , the most skilled, the most defensive.....He looks like a cross Between Pac and Floyd crazy as it sound.

2. Lara- I seen him figth a couple times, I like his skill set and it will be interesting to see him against the fighters at 154 because that divison will be loaded with Talent.

3. Gamboa- Gamboa doesnt get much love on the forums because we see his chin is iffy but he might end up having a great career and surprising everybody...and we still havent seen the best from him.

*I HAVENT SEEN SOLIS, AND JOHNSON FIGHT) I'll youtube them.
            word. check out johnson and solis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post

Gamboa is very good and very exciting to watch, but like you said his style and shaky chin will get him KO'd sometimes, but he will KO some Mo FO's too.

About Rigodeaux I think he is talented, no doubt, but he wont be as great as they expect. He is too inactive and too within is ama style. He will be champ, but nothing special!!!!
              Thats what will make him great.......

He has the hand speed and power to Kill you.........

And the defense, patience, smarts and reflexes to frustrate you....

I never seen a fighter like Rigondeaux before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post

I agree with Ch@mp..

out of the list..I like Lara the most with Rigondeaux (sp?) a close 2nd..

I think Lara is the most complete..but from what I've heard regarding his last performance here in chicago last month on the Malignaggi-Diaz II undercard..that he didn't look all that great but still won a pretty wide UD..

I still believe Lara is the most complete and promising outta the cuban prospects tho.

Comment

there is also a light heavyweight amateur who just turned pro named yordanis despaigne who looks to be very talented. he has a win over andre dirrell in the ams and he also lost to him.

Comment

i've only seen a few gamboa fights, one from rigondeaux, and one from lara. they all seem very talented so far. lara looks solid, gamboa is exciting, and rigondeaux, i need to see more of him to form an opinion. i've only seen his debut and he was a one handed fighter in that fight and not very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X