No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Keeps Active, Faces Bosic June 8 At Glow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Who's that guy he fought for the European title?

I forget his name, think he was Russian. I thought Degale lost that fight.
    Aggressive, come forward, no nonsense fighter?

Think he was called Wilcewzski, a decent Polish fighter. If I remember correctly he fought Abraham not longer after and was beaten much easier. That's what I'm saying though, when the going gets rough, DeGale doesn't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
      I think DeGale is the kind of fighter who fights to the level of his opposition. He'd be on it against a guy like Bika.
      I think that's true, in the amateur ranks.

I don't think he realises how dangerous it is to allow people to just march into him. He let Wilczewski do it and barely beat him, I can't remember how I scored it but I was far from impressed. For his talent level and supposed potential, he's looking far from an Olympic gold medallist and is going into the trenches against decent European fighters.

His punch technique is awful, he moves well though and has good hand speed, nice combinations and can switch-hit. Power wise he's average but improving technique would help a helluva lot. Doesn't have a commanding jab though, which is what you need if you're going to move as much as he does.

He's utilising a style that requires a great amount of effort and concentration, yet he employs it in such a lazy fashion. It's one of those styles that you have to perfect for it to work otherwise you just catch too many punches and it ends up being a disadvantage. In his head I bet he thinks he can defend well in most situations but wait till he finds himself in against a good operator.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Who's that guy he fought for the European title?

I forget his name, think he was Russian. I thought Degale lost that fight.
        Wilczewski. DeGale definitely didn't lose that. He had some rocky moments. It was a pretty tough fight for DeGale to have coming off the Groves "loss". I thought he gutted it out pretty well in the end.

Comment

Channel 5 have picked up boxing again, this will be live on TV.

Just in case it doesn't say it in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
            Wilczewski. DeGale definitely didn't lose that. He had some rocky moments. It was a pretty tough fight for DeGale to have coming off the Groves "loss". I thought he gutted it out pretty well in the end.
            He showed guts and heart, no doubt.

Maybe I have to rewatch it but I honestly thought he just lost it.

Not a robbery at all and a close fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

Its time to move up from C list opponents to solid B listers.

Comment

Working...
              X