• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabriel Rosado interview

6 months, get ready K9!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      6 months, get ready K9!
      I think K9 would rather fight Berto than Rosado. Berto is more of a name IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        I think K9 would rather fight Berto than Rosado. Berto is more of a name IMO.
        Yeah but no matter who the IBF champ is come march of next year will have to fight Rosado. I doubt Bundrage can beat him and we dont know how Berto will look at 154 but I also doubt Berto can beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Yeah but no matter who the IBF champ is come march of next year will have to fight Rosado. I doubt Bundrage can beat him and we dont know how Berto will look at 154 but I also doubt Berto can beat him.
          Berto's garbage stamina will make him easy pickings for Rosado in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
            Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalisticMeth

Berto's garbage stamina will make him easy pickings for Rosado in the later rounds.
            Thats if Berto doesnt get Rosado out of there first. You saw a very hurt Whittaker last night wobble Rosado at the end of that one round. Berto is a pretty big WW so I dont think he will look much different at 154. Too bad Conte ditched Berto, he needs someone who can work with him and his anemia condition. But to Berto's credit he did go 12 with Ortiz, ****ty stamina and all.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Thats if Berto doesnt get Rosado out of there first. You saw a very hurt Whittaker last night wobble Rosado at the end of that one round. Berto is a pretty big WW so I dont think he will look much different at 154. Too bad Conte ditched Berto, he needs someone who can work with him and his anemia condition. But to Berto's credit he did go 12 with Ortiz, ****ty stamina and all.

I really don't think much of Berto. Power/speed can only take a fighter so far, and he seems to heavily rely on those attributes. Maybe his endurance/stamina will increase, but his boxing IQ won't. His performance against Zaveck left a bad taste, and now having to fight off all that ring rust? that's just asking for problems. I don't even think he stops K9, and I don't think much of him either lol. I think Rosado would out-box and stop Berto late, which Ortiz failed to do because he also fades in fights. I don't see Berto being able to hurt/stop guys at 154 like he was able to do at 147. In boxing, all it takes is one punch, but I don't think he's beating a guy with the level of hunger that Rosado has at the moment. It's gonna take more than power/speed to beat the current version of Rosado.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 09-22-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I really don't think much of Berto. Power/speed can only take a fighter so far, and he seems to heavily rely on those attributes. Maybe his endurance/stamina will increase, but his boxing IQ won't. His performance against Zaveck left a bad taste, and now having to fight off all that ring rust? that's just asking for problems. I don't even think he stops K9, and I don't think much of him either lol. I think Rosado would out-box and stop Berto late, which Ortiz failed to do because he also fades in fights. I don't see Berto being able to hurt/stop guys at 154 like he was able to do at 147. In boxing, all it takes is one punch, but I don't think he's beating a guy with the level of hunger that Rosado has at the moment. It's gonna take more than power/speed to beat the current version of Rosado.
                I like Berto so Im probably being a little bias. Right now it's kinda hard for me to see anyone actually stopping Berto, he actually showed a great chin regardless of being KDed. Rosado might beat him but not sure about stopping him. I guess we will see if he fights K9 or not. I think thats actually a good come back fight and a good first fight at 154. I dont think K9 is that dangerous and its a great style match up for the fans as well.

Comment

I like Berto so Im probably being a little bias. Right now it's kinda hard for me to see anyone actually stopping Berto, he actually showed a great chin regardless of being KDed. Rosado might beat him but not sure about stopping him. I guess we will see if he fights K9 or not. I think thats actually a good come back fight and a good first fight at 154. I dont think K9 is that dangerous and its a great style match up for the fans as well.

K9/Berto will most likely be a brawl, but that's the problem. He seems to be too easily drawn into slug-fests cuz he's so reliant on his power/speed. His defensive irresponsibility will give K9 the opportunities he needs to hurt Berto. K9 has all the motivation he needs to win this fight.

We will make a bet if this match-up happens
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 09-22-2012, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Canelo vs Rosado would be a much better fight than Quintana/Canelo at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X