Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mares-Moreno, Abril-Bogere, Russell Jr., Olympians eyed for Oct. 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ppl lose tract of what these networks do. they compete for viewers. so in order to steal viewers from HBO on Saturday night, they have to put on a great card in their own right. networks compete. this us not unusual. this isn't the ppv battle we had with canelo an Martinez/Chavez. this is totally different. u guys are to spoiled IMO. TiVo one of the fights or watch it later. showtime staggers their broadcasts with hbos anyways so their main event usually happens when hbos is off. this isn't really on goldenboy. im pretty sure this is mostly showtime competing with HBO for viewers. like they are supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      I think ppl lose tract of what these networks do. they compete for viewers. so in order to steal viewers from HBO on Saturday night, they have to put on a great card in their own right. networks compete. this us not unusual.
      Networks usually avoid competing for the same types of viewers, they rarely air programs with similar characteristics as other programs in the same time slot. You don't counter program the Academy Awards with the Golden Globe Awards. Only in boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Networks usually avoid competing for the same types of viewers, they rarely air programs with similar characteristics as other programs in the same time slot. You don't counter program the Academy Awards with the Golden Globe Awards. Only in boxing...
        HBO and showtime are premium networks. the sane rules don't apply. they compete regularly. with their movie premier hours on Saturday with their primetime original series on sunday and with their sports programming also on Saturday. this isn't new. this happens usually a few times a year. I'm surprised u ppl are surprised.

Comment

HBO and showtime are premium networks. the sane rules don't apply. they compete regularly. with their movie premier hours on Saturday with their primetime original series on sunday and with their sports programming also on Saturday. this isn't new. this happens usually a few times a year. I'm surprised u ppl are surprised.
          They don't have their #1 shows go head to head, it's usually one network's highest rated show vs the other network's 2nd or 3rd highest rated show. The Franchise: A Season with the Miami Marlins stops just before Hard Knocks : Training Camp with the Miami Dolphins starts. Why? Because it's logical. The sane rules apply to everything except boxing. Even the UFC stopped doing it.

Comment

I think ppl lose tract of what these networks do. they compete for viewers. so in order to steal viewers from HBO on Saturday night, they have to put on a great card in their own right. networks compete. this us not unusual. this isn't the ppv battle we had with canelo an Martinez/Chavez. this is totally different. u guys are to spoiled IMO. TiVo one of the fights or watch it later. showtime staggers their broadcasts with hbos anyways so their main event usually happens when hbos is off. this isn't really on goldenboy. im pretty sure this is mostly showtime competing with HBO for viewers. like they are supposed to.
            You also have to take into account the mexican tv stations. Evry time one station like tv azteca puts a on a show televisa always puts another card the same day. I think that is one of the reasons the canelo fight is happening on that date. They are putting their two biggest stars against each other to steal viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              They don't have their #1 shows go head to head, it's usually one network's highest rated show vs the other network's 2nd or 3rd highest rated show. The Franchise: A Season with the Miami Marlins stops just before Hard Knocks : Training Camp with the Miami Dolphins starts. Why? Because it's logical. The sane rules apply to everything except boxing. Even the UFC stopped doing it.
              I said they stagger boxing just like they do their shows. There really is no difference. They still go head to head. My point is ur complaining about things the networks set up purposefully. They are competing. This is hoe u compete. This isn't new.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed
                Quote:

Originally Posted by DempseyRollin

I think ppl lose tract of what these networks do. they compete for viewers. so in order to steal viewers from HBO on Saturday night, they have to put on a great card in their own right. networks compete. this us not unusual.

I think this is the wrong way to be competing for viewers. I think its better to try and put on better shows on different nights and win the viewers over. With a viewer watching the HBO card, how will they know if the card on Showtime was better or not, just based on fighters' names?

Like I said, this is screwing the fighters and network out of viewers and money. Do you think Canelo vs Lopez will make as much as it could've if it was on another date?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I just don't see the logic in taking an already small viewing audience and splitting it......

Comment

Mares proving once again that he is willing to take tougher fights than Donaire. He may not even win this one but props to him for fighting a dangerous boxer who isn't talking about retiring soon. So the smoke and mirrors fight IMO will be Nishi/Donaire. Fight of the night should be Rios/Alvarado.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero
                      Mares proving once again that he is willing to take tougher fights than Donaire. He may not even win this one but props to him for fighting a dangerous boxer who isn't talking about retiring soon. So the smoke and mirrors fight IMO will be Nishi/Donaire. Fight of the night should be Rios/Alvarado.
                      I wouldn't write Mares off yet. I might even put points on him. Moreno likes to fight at a comfortable pace, at his pace and in his zone but Mares won't allow that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X