No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella Believes Fana Should Be Stripped of IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella Believes Fana Should Be Stripped of IBF Title

IBF junior lightweight champion Mzonke Fana is walking on a thin line. He recently withdrew from his June 11 mandatory defense against Argenis Mendez. In a strange one, Fana claimed that he didn't have a trainer and was basically running a "one man" training camp. But Fana's manager, Butityi Konki, claims the boxer never signed a contract because he wanted more money. Lou DiBella, who promotes Mendez, believes the IBF should do the right thing by stripping Fana of the title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    IBF junior lightweight champion Mzonke Fana is walking on a thin line. He recently withdrew from his June 11 mandatory defense against Argenis Mendez. In a strange one, Fana claimed that he didn't have a trainer and was basically running a "one man" training camp. But Fana's manager, Butityi Konki, claims the boxer never signed a contract because he wanted more money. Lou DiBella, who promotes Mendez, believes the IBF should do the right thing by stripping Fana of the title.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Lou if you fail so miserably at finding Martinez a suitable opponent that he ends up fighting Williams again, I'll be really mad

Comment

Dibella should be the last person to request that a fighter be stripped. Berto avoided his mandatory for 2 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by throbk1974 View Post
        Dibella should be the last person to request that a fighter be stripped. Berto avoided his mandatory for 2 years!!
        HA - good point! However, I do like Argenis Mendez a lot and I'd love to see him fight against Jason Litzau for the vacant title. It's about time the IBF title left that stranglehold in South Africa.

Comment

Working...
        X