• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Yeah, im sure thats why hes doing it... cuz he talked it up
    ...Way to address the point skippy!!!!

Comment

Comment

We could go back over and over again saying who's "failed policies" started this mess.....Back as far as Carter if we wanted and maybe even before that but I wasn't born so I wouldn't know....Reagan inherited a recession from him, somewhat fixed it and then Bush Sr got us into another smaller one inwhich Clinton dug us out of.....And now supposedly Clintons policies paved the way for one of Dubyas many failed policies in which Obama has inherited. Bottom line is this....Things are bad, real bad and collectively the Govt is trying to make things right. Can they? Who knows.....in this modern age things may be beyond the repairing of mere mortal humans.....But no matter what Clinton did the most and fixed the most of any modern American Prez...hate all you want he is in boxing terms ATG!

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
          OBAMA: "And I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it."

THE FACTS: According to the Library of Congress, the inventor of the first true automobile was probably Germany's Karl Benz, who created the first auto powered by an internal combustion gasoline, in 1885 or 1886. Nobody disputes that Henry Ford created the first assembly line that made cars affordable.
          I knew that the second he said that... I was in disbelief that he would say something that so many people know isn't true...

I was like umm....

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            I knew that the second he said that... I was in disbelief that he would say something that so many people know isn't true...

I was like umm....
            I decided to buy DRYS at 3.48 a share the other day.....Dumb? It just seemed so tempting and I've heard so many different pros and cons...I figured low risk high reward possibility at that price.....Your thought. I may grab some FWLT whiles it's tanking the past few days too....

Comment

This administration has a far left agenda, and is using the financial crisis to push it. If this monstrosity of a bailout bill doesn't work, Obama can forget a second term. That's why there were so many programs and spending set up for generations to come. The liberals won't have to win another election for awhile. They are getting everything they want in on fail swoop.

Comment

My thoughts on yesterday's speech about the whole thing

I thought President Obama did well in getting his points across on Capitol Hill yesterday. Collectively I thought most of the folks there bought into his optimism.

Sure, there were some stone faced Republicans in the chamber who still can't accept the fact that: not only does President Obama bring talent and intellect to the table, but also a work ethic that just can't be ignored, but I think that's to be expected.

One thing that hurts the Republicans more than anything is: they continue to shoot themselves in the foot every chance they get. And, that's exactly what happened tonight when Governor Jindal gave a weak response to it from his luxurious Louisiana mansion.

Governor Jindal's response made no sense what-so- ever, it wasn't real and it's was almost if it was written well in advance of anything President Obama said tonight. It had no logical connection to anything that was spoken on Capitol Hill. It was a total dis-connect. The only thing he managed to pull off successfully was: he allowed the world see just how wide the gap truly was between his meager intellect and that of President Barack Obama's.

Then his whole speech on the economy, seemed taken out of the same script the republicans have been using for the past 20 years, regardless of whether or not most of this ideas have been proven to be wrong.

BTW...republicans need to come up with a new script. Everytime I hear them talk, its like they are playing buzz word bingo...

"blah blah blah blah blah, big government bad...blah blah blah blah blah...taxes on rich people will kill the economy....blah blah blah blah blah...the democrats are evil"

BTW...it was funny that Jindal went on and on about how the democrats were going to raise taxes, 5 minutes after Obama talked about the law that just cut taxes to over 95% of american families. They must've written that thing well in advance and were incapable of calling an audible.

Repubs like Jindal...don't consider those 95% Obama was speaking of, to actually count as people. Republicans always go after the Dems on the "big government" isssue, & on how much they spend. Yet, it was a Republican admin. that created the Patriot Act, & the last two Republican admins created massive deficits. The two presidents that have incurred in the biggest government debt are republican(Reagan, and our previous Cheif Spender in Charge). What's funny is how these neo-cons tout the "fiscal conservative" Reagan...really?? The same Reagan that ran up over 2 Trillion in government debt??

It's also ridiculous how so many Repubs seem to view taking tax money to rebuild our own country's infrastructure as some form of hand-holding WELFARE.....while viewing rebuilding the infrastructure of some OTHER country (Iraq) as downright patriotic!

--

Comment

There's a new law. After 8 years of Dubya leading this nation straight into the **** hole, republicans are not allowed to speak for at least the next 2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                    We could go back over and over again saying who's "failed policies" started this mess.....Back as far as Carter if we wanted and maybe even before that but I wasn't born so I wouldn't know....Reagan inherited a recession from him, somewhat fixed it and then Bush Sr got us into another smaller one inwhich Clinton dug us out of.....And now supposedly Clintons policies paved the way for one of Dubyas many failed policies in which Obama has inherited. Bottom line is this....Things are bad, real bad and collectively the Govt is trying to make things right. Can they? Who knows.....in this modern age things may be beyond the repairing of mere mortal humans.....But no matter what Clinton did the most and fixed the most of any modern American Prez...hate all you want he is in boxing terms ATG!
                    reagan did the most, the country was in a recession for about 6 years going into reagans term where as the economy was pretty good for clinton comin in if anything reagan is an atg

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
                      I thought President Obama did well in getting his points across on Capitol Hill yesterday. Collectively I thought most of the folks there bought into his optimism.

Sure, there were some stone faced Republicans in the chamber who still can't accept the fact that: not only does President Obama bring talent and intellect to the table, but also a work ethic that just can't be ignored, but I think that's to be expected.

One thing that hurts the Republicans more than anything is: they continue to shoot themselves in the foot every chance they get. And, that's exactly what happened tonight when Governor Jindal gave a weak response to it from his luxurious Louisiana mansion.

Governor Jindal's response made no sense what-so- ever, it wasn't real and it's was almost if it was written well in advance of anything President Obama said tonight. It had no logical connection to anything that was spoken on Capitol Hill. It was a total dis-connect. The only thing he managed to pull off successfully was: he allowed the world see just how wide the gap truly was between his meager intellect and that of President Barack Obama's.

Then his whole speech on the economy, seemed taken out of the same script the republicans have been using for the past 20 years, regardless of whether or not most of this ideas have been proven to be wrong.

BTW...republicans need to come up with a new script. Everytime I hear them talk, its like they are playing buzz word bingo...

"blah blah blah blah blah, big government bad...blah blah blah blah blah...taxes on rich people will kill the economy....blah blah blah blah blah...the democrats are evil"

BTW...it was funny that Jindal went on and on about how the democrats were going to raise taxes, 5 minutes after Obama talked about the law that just cut taxes to over 95% of american families. They must've written that thing well in advance and were incapable of calling an audible.

Repubs like Jindal...don't consider those 95% Obama was speaking of, to actually count as people. Republicans always go after the Dems on the "big government" isssue, & on how much they spend. Yet, it was a Republican admin. that created the Patriot Act, & the last two Republican admins created massive deficits. The two presidents that have incurred in the biggest government debt are republican(Reagan, and our previous Cheif Spender in Charge). What's funny is how these neo-cons tout the "fiscal conservative" Reagan...really?? The same Reagan that ran up over 2 Trillion in government debt??

It's also ridiculous how so many Repubs seem to view taking tax money to rebuild our own country's infrastructure as some form of hand-holding WELFARE.....while viewing rebuilding the infrastructure of some OTHER country (Iraq) as downright patriotic!

--

...lol lol Obama is hardly coming across as some sort of genius. Jindal is absolutely right in everything he's saying about Obama's **** plan.

Jindal to Turn Down $100 Million in Stimulus Funds

Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:11 PM

Article Font Size

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal appeared on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday. He explained his decision to turn down $100 million in federal stimulus money for his state.

Transcript follows:

DAVID GREGORY: You have a budget shortfall in Louisiana of $2 billion. Now, under the stimulus plan by the Obama administration, you would get a cut of that. You'd get $4 billion in federal stimulus. But this is what you said on Monday about the stimulus plan: "We're going to have to review each program, each new dollar to make sure that we understand what are the conditions, what are the strings and see whether it's beneficial for Louisiana to use those dollars." And just Friday you made good on that pledge not necessarily to take the federal money, saying that you would reject almost $100 million in federal unemployment assistance. Why would you turn this money down?

GOV. JINDAL: Well, let's be clear. The best thing that Washington could do to help Louisiana and all of our states with our budgets is to get this economy moving again. I think we just have a fundamental disagreement here. I don't think the best way to do that is for the government to tax and borrow more money. I think the best thing they could've done, for example, was to cut taxes on things like capital gains, the lower tax brackets, to get the private sector spending again. I think they had a provision the net operating losses to help small businesses. Unfortunately, they slimmed that down. They could've done some things on a real energy policy. If all they do is borrow federal money and give it to the states, all we're really doing is delaying the inevitable. We're eventually going to have to make these hard choices anyway. In Louisiana we made midyear reductions, $241 million. We're going to have to do more with less. What would be more helpful from Washington is less unnecessary spending. How does $300 million for federal cars, $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts, how is spending like that going to help our economy? How's that stimulus?

MR. GREGORY: All right, but let's focus on--because I want to get to some of those larger issues in just a moment. But let's focus on this. Why would you turn down $100 million for federal unemployment assistance for your state?

GOV. JINDAL: Well, let's look at the programs we turned down.

MR. GREGORY: Yeah.

GOV. JINDAL: You're talking about temporary federal money that would require a permanent change in state law.

MR. GREGORY: But it is--it's a tax break.

GOV. JINDAL: Well, it, it's--no. The $100 million we turned down was temporary federal dollars that would require us to change our unemployment laws. That would've actually raised taxes on Louisiana businesses. We as a state would've been responsible for paying for those benefits after the federal money disappeared.

MR. GREGORY: All right, but the Democratic senator from Louisiana, Mary Landrieu, says you're wrong. This is how it was reported in The Times-Picayune Saturday: "Senator Landrieu disputed the governor's interpretation and said the new unemployment benefits are designed to be temporary. `The bill is an emergency measure designed to provide extra help during these extraordinarily tough times,' Landrieu said. `To characterize this provision as a "tax increase on Louisiana businesses" is inaccurate.'" Her point being, you could insert a sunset clause when this has to go away, but it would certainly be beneficial at a time when you're in economic stress.

GOV. JINDAL: That's great, except the federal law, if you actually read the bill--and I know it was 1,000 pages, and I know they got it, you know, at midnight, or hours before they voted on it--if you actually read the bill, there's one problem with that. The word permanent is in the bill. It requires the state to make a permanent change in our law. Law B--our employer group agrees with me. They say, "Yes, this will result an increase in taxes on our businesses, this will result in a permanent obligation on the state of Louisiana." It would be like spending $1 to get a dime. Why would we take temporary federal dollars if we're going to end up having a permanent program?

And here's the problem. So many of these things that are called temporary programs end up being permanent government programs. But this one's crystal clear, black and white letter law. The federal stimulus bill says it has to be a permanent change in state law if you take this state money. And so within three years the federal money's gone, we've got now a permanent change in our laws, we have to pay for it, our businesses pay for it. I don't think it makes sense to be raising taxes on Louisiana businesses during these economically challenging times. And what it shows is what we're going to do in the stimulus is we're going to look at every program, every dollar. If it makes sense for Louisiana, makes sense for our taxpayers, we'll use those programs and dollars. If it doesn't, like on Friday we said, "This doesn't make sense for us. This is not a good deal for us." It makes--my job is to represent Louisiana's taxpayers. Makes no sense for us to take temporary federal dollars and create permanent state obligations.

Comment

Working...
                      X