Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beat Sergio at 154 people would say he beat a weight drained 37 year old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swaggin' View Post
    Nah i wouldnt say that. Sergio said himself he would come down to jr middleweight, even at 150lbs.
    Of coure he would, for the money. It would still effect his performance though, its just that for that type of money, he doent care. He still wouldnt be the best Martinez though, whether he agrees or not.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Of coure he would, for the money. It would still effect his performance though, its just that for that type of money, he doent care. He still wouldnt be the best Martinez though, whether he agrees or not.
      Most assuredly he would not be at his best if he has to go down, but if you give him a year to prepare at least he can get used to performing at a lower weight.

Comment

I have to agree. With every fight Sergio has that isn't at 154, the less likely it is he can make the weight. The risk isn't worth it for Mayweather. If he fights Martinez, make it at 160 for his retirement fight, otherwise he can't win with the boxing public.

Comment

I wouldn't.

It'd be Mayweather's biggest win since Hatton, actually it'd be bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
            I wouldn't.

It'd be Mayweather's biggest win since Hatton, actually it'd be bigger.
            If he fights Martinez the only way it would mean anything is if he fought him at 160 no catchweight for the linear Mw title,no excuses for all the marbles

Comment

Haters will find any excuse to discredit Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Swaggin' View Post
                Nah i wouldnt say that. Sergio said himself he would come down to jr middleweight, even at 150lbs.
                Dawson offered to come down in weight on his own accord and Ward was still criticized for that fight by hardcore fans, so expect the same if Martinez has to come down in weight to fight Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Dawson offered to come down in weight on his own accord and Ward was still criticized for that fight by hardcore fans, so expect the same if Martinez has to come down in weight to fight Mayweather.
                  The difference in size between Martinez and Floyd is bigger than the gap between Dawson and Ward. Martinez' team has also made a point of saying he is a natural JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    Why even bother,this was proven when people discredited Ward for beating a young Dawson after he dropped in weight.So why should Floyd fight a 37 year old Sergio who would drop a division for a pay day?this is crazy,it would be a **** fight and Sergio would be drained and ineffective.terrible fight
                    That is true, but Floyd takes fights knowing people are going to discredit his win anyway. I can still see this fight and even the Pacquiao fight happening in 2014 as long as everyone is still fighting and looking decent.

Comment

that's because he would be beating a weightdrained 37 year old fighter....

it would still be better than a blown up super featherweight IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X