No announcement yet.

How can Danny Garcia improve ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Danny Garcia improve ?

We can all say we basically agree Danny Garcia is a decent fighter. average across the board with decent pop. Not saying at all hes horrible or bad, just nothing that special about him. But to improve what he already has to at least stay on top i think he should.

The number one thing he shouldve stopped coming up, BEING WILD. He needs to practice finding his range more so when he throws its not ridiculously out of position where he can get countered hard. The fact that he has below average speed hurts him even more. Knowing your range more will help you land better shots and avoid being so wild. They show him as 5'9 but he looks shorter.

Little more head movement. I dont doubt he has a decent chin, but he looks like a straight up fighter. A least little fienting when coming in or attacking. hes just basic attacking.

Develop his right hand more.

and thats pretty much, it wont make him p4p but these changes will help in the long run.. your thoughts ??

His punches are too wide and looping, but that's just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShovelThumb View Post
      His punches are too wide and looping, but that's just my thoughts.
      Yeah, but the way he does is something an amateur would do in the beginning.. Bradley was wide and loopy with his shots, but he'd at least look at you and direct himself towards you compared to Danny whos seems like a drunk fighter, swing and doesnt look and keeps going to find his target. lol

Comment

Watching him against Kendall Holt, he does have boxing skills and he can box, but he can also Brawl and he can also COUNTER PUNCH

Garcia is is doing just fine, he doesn't have to change anything, Garcia uses the style that is best for his opponent for each fight and so far...IT HAS WORKED FOR HIM

Can he be out-boxed? Yes! Ashley Theophane did it but it was still a close fight and Danny was boxing back and forth with him so it is not like Danny Can't box himself...

He is a fighter people will continue to doubt over and over and over again and he will continue to win because he is just better then what people want to give him credit for

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Watching him against Kendall Holt, he does have boxing skills and he can box, but he can also Brawl and he can also COUNTER PUNCH

Garcia is is doing just fine, he doesn't have to change anything, Garcia uses the style that is best for his opponent for each fight and so far...IT HAS WORKED FOR HIM

Can he be out-boxed? Yes! Ashley Theophane did it but it was still a close fight and Danny was boxing back and forth with him so it is not like Danny Can't box himself...

He is a fighter people will continue to doubt over and over and over again and he will continue to win because he is just better then what people want to give him credit for
          I'll have to watch that theophane fight, but yeah he's a good little fighter...hope floyd fights him next though, I'd fully support that fight, the 24/7's will be dope and the fight would be a shutout but entertaining. I'm just saying, floyd's first fight out of jail...why not?

Comment

He needs to shorten up his punches, they often miss or land with the palm of the gloves. If he bends his elbows a little bit more he'd be more accurate and effective. Also if he develops a jab he'd have an easier time finding his range and setting up his left hooks.

Comment

I want to see him fight Matthysse.

Comment

I would really like to see him polish up his straight right and his jab.

A better jab would help anyone and it would help with his ability to set up the counter left hook.

A good straight right is key to keeping that left hook open, without a better straight right a better boxer will be able to neutralize that hook.

Comment

Head movement is the only thing he can improve, he doesn't need to foot work because he likes to plant both feet & throw that wild left hook, had he shorten those punches, it won't carry the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    I want to see him fight Matthysse.
                    thats a war for sure..one matthyse would win though.. hes too much imo for garcia..and he has decent boxing skill too..

Comment

Working...
                    X