Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Gloves should I get for a Punching Bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Gloves should I get for a Punching Bag?

I know there are specific gloves for punching bags but whats the difference? If there is a difference how do you pick which ones are good for you? Brand wise as well I want to know what are the punching gloves are really for? Sorry for the stupid question first time doing this.

Fairtex are good for pads. Not overly expensive and durable.

Comment

Everlast Protex3

That's the ones I use and would recommend very good to use and very good wrist support but everyone is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

Everlast Protex3

That's the ones I use and would recommend very good to use and very good wrist support but everyone is different.
        Stay away from Everlast. I don't know if you have a special pair of Protex or something, but every pair of Everlast I've ever seen falls apart with 4-6 months. I always find Ringside to be a good balance between quality and price.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
          Fairtex are good for pads. Not overly expensive and durable.
          Thank you sorry for the late response just got off of work. I'll check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
            Stay away from Everlast. I don't know if you have a special pair of Protex or something, but every pair of Everlast I've ever seen falls apart with 4-6 months. I always find Ringside to be a good balance between quality and price.
            Isn't Fartex better then Ringside? idk by brands honestly I just want durable bag gloves.

Comment

I'm going to go against the posts above and say that you actually want the smallest gloves possible for a heavy bag. I'm talking about leather gardening gloves - that small. You want to use the bag to develop power, and you do that by strengthening every single connecting muscle fiber in your arms, wrists, etc.

It will also teach you to use correct technique, because if you hit a proper heavy bag (proper as in a bag that is over 100lbs.) with bad technique with small gloves, your wrists will be broken. You will learn to lock your bones in the correct line, when to tense up at the very last split second before making impact. How to quickly move the bag with snap rather than push it, etc.

Small gloves, not the ones with the most padding / protection. As close to a bare fist as you can get.

Comment

Agree with interloper, the closest you can get to bare fists while avoiding pain. Padded heavy bag + full sized gloves = zero feedback.
                I use this type of thing:

Brands not that important because they're like $20, just buy new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
                  I'm going to go against the posts above and say that you actually want the smallest gloves possible for a heavy bag. I'm talking about leather gardening gloves - that small. You want to use the bag to develop power, and you do that by strengthening every single connecting muscle fiber in your arms, wrists, etc.

It will also teach you to use correct technique, because if you hit a proper heavy bag (proper as in a bag that is over 100lbs.) with bad technique with small gloves, your wrists will be broken. You will learn to lock your bones in the correct line, when to tense up at the very last split second before making impact. How to quickly move the bag with snap rather than push it, etc.

Small gloves, not the ones with the most padding / protection. As close to a bare fist as you can get.
                  Right on thats the kind of answer I was looking for and thank you Lebanon as well. Where can I find those types of gloves online though?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

Everlast Protex3

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                    I have this pair, and i agree they are crap. Falling apart quick and hurt my hands and i bought the 16 oz

Comment

Working...
                    X