No announcement yet.

how late is too late

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how late is too late

is 19 too late? i took up boxing at 17 but didnt get far because of a recurring injury. im 18 now, and just had one lot of surgey. im going to need another operation soon so it will realisticaly be at least 6 months before i can start training again.

im not particularly talented, i dont have amazing genetics for it. i was average at best when i started. is it too late to make something of my life in boxing? im not looking to go pro or be a champ, but i want to know that i got a few amateur medals under my belt.

It isn't how old you are, it isn't how talented you are, it's how hard you're willing to work.

Comment

Originally posted by as646 View Post
      It isn't how old you are, it isn't how talented you are, it's how hard you're willing to work.
      Badabing BadaBOOM!..

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
        is 19 too late? i took up boxing at 17 but didnt get far because of a recurring injury. im 18 now, and just had one lot of surgey. im going to need another operation soon so it will realisticaly be at least 6 months before i can start training again.

im not particularly talented, i dont have amazing genetics for it. i was average at best when i started. is it too late to make something of my life in boxing? im not looking to go pro or be a champ, but i want to know that i got a few amateur medals under my belt.

no no no man, your far from to old!

i know guys who has made succesfull amateur careers while starting at the age of 30 and older, i even got a guy at the gym who went to Turkey to fight, a comeback at age 49!
        Last edited by leff; 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
          no no no man, your far from to old!

i know guys who has made succesfull amateur careers while starting at the age of 30 and older, i even got a guy at the gym who went to Turkey to fight, a comeback at age 49!
          eeeexactly.....specially for your goals u got plenty of time and potential....hell do some training learn some knowlege then coach if you still luv the sport..

Comment

cheers guys, this has made me feel a load better about the surgery, knowing im not throwing the only chance i have down the drain. can someone link me to a website that has accurate information about amateur boxing in the UK? i tried the ABAE website which i think is the official one, but i couldnt find anything clear about weightclasses, leauges or catagories or round legnths and stuff. they seemed to have lots of different divisions which i didnt know existed

Comment

Its not too late. I have 2 professional boxers at my gym.

One of them is from Jamaica and he started boxing at 21. Right now he has a professional record of 9 win 1 loss (9-1). The other guy started at 20 and is 6win 0 loss (6-0) as a professional too

Comment

Working...
              X