No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 4 News

Anybody got PS4 news post it here, discuss.

Rumor has it that Sony is retiring the old controller.
    Last edited by -Kev-; 03-16-2013, 04:58 PM.

Can some one translate this in to English:

Rumors surrounding Sony's next console have suggested that the Playstation 4's specifications will include a customized chip based on AMD's A8-3850 with a quad-core 2.9GHz processor and a 1GHz graphics card with 1GB of dedicated memory. Hardly the cutting edge of technology, but as other reports have suggested that the console has been designed for affordability, these kinds of facilities aren't surprising.

Does this mean that the PS4 will not be that advanced?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Can some one translate this in to English:

Does this mean that the PS4 will not be that advanced?
      I think they'll come in cheap and take out the sales. It's apparently going to be 50% more powerful than the Xbox 720.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...20-ps4-rumours

According to these off-the-record discussions, the Playstation 4 processor, apparently based on the AMD A10 APU, will have a run-capability of 1.84 teraflops. In comparison the next Xbox will be capable of hitting 1.23 teraflops – giving PS4 a raw computational advantage. However, it seems that while the PS4 (or Orbis as it has been codenamed) will feature 4GB of system RAM, the 720 (or 'Durango', or indeed 'Infinity) will squeeze in 8GB, 4-5GB of which will be solely for games. This contradicts various rumours the Guardian has heard that both systems will feature 4GB of RAM.

Comment

So what are PS4 graphics going to look like? So far from the "leak" videos I have seen, whether hoax or real from Unreal Technology engine or whatever it's called, it does look impressive, but I would like to see gameplay of the next graphics. All I see is little mini movies of PS4/PC/XBox720 next gen graphics.

Comment

What i've seen so far, if true, I don't see how it is so much better than the PS3.

Like from PS1 to PS2 is mind blowing. From PS2 to PS3 was a ridiculous change. But from PS3 to the rumored PS4 graphics, from what I see, it isn't that big of a difference. It hasn't made me go wow. Hopefully what I have seen is not really what the PS4 graphics will look like.

Comment

Gameplay over graphics.

All day. Every day.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Gameplay over graphics.

All day. Every day.
              Complete true with skyrim they coulda made the gameplay better and sacrificed some graphics but I'll live

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Gameplay over graphics.

All day. Every day.
                And that is why PSOne>PS2/3, Xbox/360.

If they remade all PS1 games with today's graphics, there would be no competition at all.

RE1-3, Silent Hill, Ape Escape, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Syphon Filter 2, Fear Effect, Dino Crisis/2, Medal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, MoH Underground.

Comment

It should be an improvement in graphics but the Xbox is supposed to be the best console graphics yet and the closest to pc gaming. I read an article about from Samsung. I think they're providing the graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    And that is why PSOne>PS2/3, Xbox/360.

If they remade all PS1 games with today's graphics, there would be no competition at all.

RE1-3, Silent Hill, Ape Escape, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Syphon Filter 2, Fear Effect, Dino Crisis/2, Medal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, MoH Underground.
                    I'm really glad that you mentioned the bolded.

The rest are all great games as well, but the 'Dino Crisis' series never seems to geet much credit. The first one was fantastic, and the second was even better. 'Dino Crisis 2' is a top 20 PS1 ATG, IMO.

Did you ever play the third one on the original Xbox? Holy hell, what a disappointment : Dinosaurs in space with overly confusing area maps and quite possibly the worst camera control system in video game history.

Not a very good review here, but the nostalgia is strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X