No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Clears Up Pacquiao-Marquez Testing Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
    There is an agreement that their should be OST style in boxing that are run by the state commissions.

The problem is money. Each state government has their own budget and financial difficulty. Is the state willing to spend more money? Or each promotion willing to pay for every fight they held for the testing under the state commission?

Not sure of who said it from Golden Boy, after the Pac-May negotiations back then, they said they will have OST in every event they have. Well, have they done it on every event? No. Only those who ask for it were done. GBP is not willing to spend money on every fighter/event for OST. Same thing goes for Top Rank, Shaw promotions, and others.
    Absolutely right. The biggest problem is money. The only way to resolve it is to compel promoters to cough up. Either they contribute to commissions which will oversee their fights, and the commissions contract the testers. Or else they come together to give the contract to either USADA or VADA to conduct all year round testing.

It will probably require external pressure either way. Short of the government, only the networks are in a sufficiently powerful position to demands it. HBO and Showtime can call a lot of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopilote View Post
      Why do some people keep on saying marquez is "faster" now than he was before??

FFS just watch his last 2 fights, matter of fact, watch his fights from 135lbs and onwards and compare them to his fights at 126lbs and 130lbs.

JMM was clearly faster at those lower weights, and packed much more power as well.

Geez some of you people are delusional.
      marquez wasnt really fast before he just had good timing ! i was watching the last 3 fights and i have to say marquez has excellent timing ! but there is something that i noticed in his last fight with many is somehow marquez seemed to not only have timing but his speed almost doubled !!!! yes thats right some how a almost 40yr old boxeer gained speed at a higher weight class ! and i saw some footage of him boxing geting ready for his next ass whopping and the thing that stood out the most to me was how fast he became ! it is almost frightening and it defies all sorts of logic ! when you add

getting faster + making all kinds of gains in muscle = somthing is suspicious

my friend was at marquez gym and he saw marquez sparring last month and this is what he told me

"treason , marquez is just as fast if not faster than broner and gamboa. and not only that but he also has muscles like never before . " - my friend

this is comming from someone who is totaly nuetral and unbiased !

Comment

Working...
      X