Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would drug legalisation effect the U.S and South America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] How would drug legalisation effect the U.S and South America?

Would it reduce or increase drug related crime such as murder, trafficking, corruption, and robbery?

Would the cartels wither away? Would legislation remove the mass production of drugs? Would it restore order to the producing countries and stamp out the traffickers?

Would people be more inclined to experiment with drugs and use them on a regular basis therefore adding to the societal problems drug use causes i.e burden on health services, harm to others through criminality, breakdown of family and community ties?

I would just like to know your general opinion on the subject. It's probably been discussed many a time before, but it's always good to get a fresh up to date opinion on the matter.

think of what legalization of alcohol did and the effects as opposed to prohibition and the effects

Comment

People claim it would stop crime, I don't buy that.

Little kids would have access to hard drugs, and the last thing that needs be are more kids going to school high off a crack rock binge.........out of their minds and possibly shooting up the school. That **** completely warps your mind to no end, and makes some people very violent.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
        People claim it would stop crime, I don't buy that.

Little kids would have access to hard drugs, and the last thing that needs be are more kids going to school high off a crack rock binge.........out of their minds and possibly shooting up the school. That **** completely warps your mind to no end, and makes some people very violent.
        its called parenting

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
          think of what legalization of alcohol did and the effects as opposed to prohibition and the effects
          I second that.

Comment

its called parenting

I don't see how parenting a child is foolproof though. When kids are away at school they have a tendency to lead double lives.

Not to mention, some kids rebel in a true sense and will do everything they were raised NOT to do.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

its called parenting

how would parenting stop the kids for coming in contact with legal hard drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                how would parenting stop the kids for coming in contact with legal hard drugs?
                it wont

but it will aid in their decision making, knowing right and wrong

does every kid that comes in contact with it use it?

does them being illegal mean no kid ever comes in contact with them?

Comment

I don't see how parenting a child is foolproof though. When kids are away at school they have a tendency to lead double lives.

Not to mention, some kids rebel in a true sense and will do everything they were raised NOT to do.
                  Exactly, kids are drawn to what they can't do. You notice parents who are strict/exceedingly hard on their kids get rebelled against. I know my parents always told me you can drink, you can smoke pot and you can mess up your life doing them too. But, the way to go is school and staying clean and focused. They never forbade me, they educated me in a way that was reasonable and taught me good decision making. When they first caught me drinking they didn't rip my head off, we just discussed it. When they asked me if I had ever smoked weed I felt I could answer honestly. Kids don't choose not to do heroin because it's illegal, how many people would say oh, heroin is legal now?! I think I'll go shoot up! Let's face it, when I was 17 it was easier for me to buy weed than it was for me to buy cigarettes.

Comment

nothing is foolproof, do you see the laws now making things foolproof?

we spend billions each year and many die each year keeping people from doing what they want to do and will do anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X