Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Did Guzman lose his chance to win the belts and did he lose the 3.5 pounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
    Knowing Nate he'd give Guzman a rematch if he loses convincinly. Its not in him to running around with that many belts and taking critisizum that there is a 135 pounder out there who has beaten you >Guzman.
    Hey... you actually have to make 135 to be considered a 135 lber.

Guzman was closer to the junior welterweight limit.

Think before you post.

Yeah... he would want to *fight* Guzman( a fighter who can't fulfill his contract) before Marquez or Pacman. He was a BS mandatory.
    Last edited by Zocalo; 09-13-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
      Hey... you actually have to make 135 to be considered a 135 lber.

Guzman was closer to the junior welterweight limit.

Think before you post.

Yeah... he would want to Guzman( a fighter who can't fulfill his contract) before Marquez or Pacman
      The thing is if Guzman wins and retain the no.1 spot then there would still be a mandatory fight that could lead to a rematch.

Comment

I forgot... the WBO is the only manditory that Campbell has to face. I also forgot that the WBO belt is the only belt that matters...

Comment

I think Nate probably would rematch Guzman if he lost although he doesn't deserve it as if Nate would have just had this fight cancelled (which he is well within his right to do) then a lot of people would have lost money but instead has gone ahead with the fight despite the weight which could now be an advantage for Guzman as Nate would have trained hard to make weight but Guzman didn't bother burning off the extra pounds. Even if he wins Guzman has no right to ask for a title shot rematch.

Comment

Nate will lose regardless. If Guzman is on weight or over....Nate just got lucky thats all. Now he'll keep his belts after getting clowned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
              Nate will lose regardless. If Guzman is on weight or over....Nate just got lucky thats all. Now he'll keep his belts after getting clowned.
              In order for Guzman to MAYBE get a rematch. He'd have to beat Nate the same way he beat Soto. Outclass him...

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
                Guzman looks like a clown right now.

Comment

this what i dont like about Guzman, his done this quite a few times before like when he moved up to 130 agaisnt Javier Jauregui he came in 2.5lb over and a few of his fights at 122. i was really looking forward to this fight too.

Comment

Working...
                  X