Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't Floyd move and use his footwork against Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I don't think so.

Guererro and Canelo are both natural boxers, they aren't pressure fighters. That's Floyd's perfect style, that his ultimate comfort zone.

Mosley, Marquez, Canelo, Guererro, these are styles Floyd will always have a field day with and have the easiest time.

Maidana is always going to have his moments with today's Floyd. Always. He'll always have moments where he's inside and Floyd's back is against the ropes. Floyd might decide not to hang around as much in the rematch and make it a little easier for himself but I guarantee you that Maidana will have his moments in the rematch.

It's the same thing I was telling people before this fight, when people were saying "This is Baldomir all over again" "This is the same style Floyd always fights" "This is another Guererro"

It's not. It's entirely different. Just because all of those fighters are slow of foot doesn't make the style match up the same.

I do think Floyd will look better in the rematch but like I said I guarantee you that he won't pitch a shut out or have an easy night.
    Good post. Well said.

Comment

So TS is new and is asking a good question. So Floyd can fight in many styles. Most boxers come to the arena with a plan. Floyd's plan was terrible. MM is a pressure fighter so Floyd thought that he was so subpar that he was going to do the old "rope a dope" trick with Maidana.

Did not work. However,....we could also argue that Maidana's pressure forced fFloyd to fight this type of way. I choose the latter.

Comment

Guerrero is not a pressure fighter is wrong

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
          Maidana covers ground
          I keep saying this

Comment

Because Maidana forced him. It's a matter of styles. Canelo and Ghost are tailor made for Floyd. NO ONE IS GOIGN TO OUTBOX FLOYD. But as Maidana, Cotto (a couple of rounds), and Castillo showed: you can outwork him. Khan won't do any of this. Prime Paul Williams would have been fascinating.

When was the last time Floyd didn't do his: "not hurting me" face

Comment

Mayweather legs are not gone, if you watch the fight mayweather dominated maidana in the middle of the ring and if you watch it closely, mayweather similar to broner was backing into a straight line without pivoting in this fight. This had nothing to do with aggression but intelligent aggression. Maidana threw lots of feints, changed the tempo and speed of his jab to confuse mayweather and threw that overhand right every time Floyd was in the shoulder roll. Maidana fought a great fight and I gave him 5 rounds but in a rematch if Floyd uses his legs he will dominated el chino the worst 9-3 but this is boxing, anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
              X