Diego corrales and naseem hamed should be in the ibhof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego corrales and naseem hamed should be in the ibhof

hamed was a huge draw, big power, cleaned out the 90s at 126

corrales a two weight titlist, one lineal, won the greatest fight in recent history, one if the biggest punchers of the lighter divisions and one of the best of the era at his weights.

There are many less accomplished guys. It's become a popularity contest.

i agree....lesser fighters have gotten in

Comment

I'm assuming Corrales won't get in.

He passed away almost 7 years ago now and I'm not sure if he's ever been on the Ballot.

Comment

Pretty shocked Corrales won't get in. Casamayor, Castillo, Manfredy,Freitas, Garcia and winning the greatest fight ever? just odd to me

Comment

i have no problem seeing them both in.

Comment

Losses:
            Clottey UD
            Casamayor SD
            Casamayor TKO6
            Castillo KO4
            Mayweather TKO10

Wins:
            Castillo TKO10
            Freitas TKO10
            Casamayor SD
            Manfredy TKO3

Robert Garcia is not a good win

That's not a HOF resume and you won't be seeing him in there anytime soon. lol.
            Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-27-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Gatti got in and he did far less, ALSO both died the same year. Garcia was a good win...he was a good fighter at 130 and a titlist. I like his style, he could be pulled into a slugfest though. He had good offensive skills but he had holes in his defense. Also I think when they fought both were undefeated and in their prime.

Corrales came back after two years out of the ring and won titles at 130 again, lightweight and fought in the greatest fight i ever saw live. Showed just as much heart as Gatti ever did with more talent.

Casamayor, Freitas, and Castillo were the best lightweights and junior lightweights of the era and the only one he couldnt beat was the best fighter of his generation in Mayweather

Hamed in 36-37 fights won every major title at feathweight beat 9 titlists and was one of the reasons featherweights got huge paydays today. Also he is Barrera's who is in most eyes an ATG, signature opponent and win. And for good reason. IMO regardless of his antics he was the most dominant feathweight since Sal Sanchez and at least top 15-20 alltime at the weight

Comment

oh yeah sure since he beat the great.. kevin kelly

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
                  oh yeah sure since he beat the great.. kevin kelly
                  Hamed was the last undisputed featherweight champ....13 years have went by....the last before him was longer time than that...in an era of weight jumpers for trinkets he was the best featherweight of the 90s....his body of work in a short career passes a lot of guys with his amount of fights...a quarter of his fights were against world champions and titlist and just one is a lose

Comment

Prince to me is a lock,,, he was the man at feather in the 90s

Corrales didn't have great skills but he made enough memories to get in,, he is very borderline

I would vote for both

Comment

Working...
                    X