Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
    Chad beats Ward senseless.

Bet the house.

Worst stylistic match-up for Ward.
    LOL...I guess Chad is "Shot" now.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      LOL...I guess Chad is "Shot" now.
      Chad is not exactly shot, but he's mentally fragile. He's gone through eight different trainers in his career and I question his career decisions. The Ward fight as an example. He called out Ward after BARLEY beating Hopkins and accepted all his demands, that's not smart.

Chad's skills are declining and Ward as a boxer is improving. Scully will never admit it, but he's worse as a boxer under him. In Scully's recent interview he said that Chad doesn't need to change anything, the guy is in denial.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-12-2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

so funny. reading all your great boxing experts BS in this thread. Just shows, clearly shows how stupid some of your Internet boxing fans really don't have a clue!!!

Comment

Some of the posters in this thread completely lack basic boxing knowledge.

Have the hell is Chad dawson suppose to look good when he is being outsmarted,fooled,and out punched by one of boxing PFP best fighters,in his prime.?

Put Mayweather in the ring with someone better then him and you will start to see flaws you never thourgt he had.
          That is the basic of boxing, fight somone better then you and you start to miss, make mistakes, and get frustrated.

I look spectacular against mediocre sparing partners but when i spare with pro`s I look like a ******

Comment

Originally posted by Baldwin View Post
            so funny. reading all your great boxing experts BS in this thread. Just shows, clearly shows how stupid some of your Internet boxing fans really don't have a clue!!!
            Who's saying any of us are "boxing experts?"

And you call us stupid, yet the concept of punctuation remains an abstract one for you.

GTFO no-mark

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post

Have the hell is Chad dawson suppose to look good when he is being outsmarted,fooled,and out punched by one of boxing PFP best fighters,in his prime.?

Put Mayweather in the ring with someone better then him and you will start to see flaws you never thourgt he had.
            That is the basic of boxing, fight somone better then you and you start to miss, make mistakes, and get frustrated.

I look spectacular against mediocre sparing partners but when i spare with pro`s I look like a ******
            Is this the same person?
            Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 09-12-2012, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Bad style matchup for Dawson. He's a skilled but lethargic fighter who struggles to let his hands go and Ward is a dynamic fighter who always tries to win every round clearly.
              Great analysis. I always thought that. Dawson just doesn't seem to channel aggressiveness when he needs it, can't change the pace of a fight considerably and lacks a plan B when A doesn't work. I think he lacks a fighter's mentality. If i would have to guess who's testosterone levels are off in boxing I'd say Dawson in a heartbeat. Even before he lost to Pascal I was saying this but I figured he'd fix it with the proper training and motivation. But no, he's just lethargic as you put it. I don't think the weight had anything to do with him losing to Ward.

Comment

thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's no one better than Mayweather prime for prime. No one. Ward calls him "The master". Coming from Ward, that says something. Now Floyd is pushing 37 I'm sure all the Canelos, Chavez Jr. and other popular so so fighters will start lining up for him. But prime for prime, up until 2007, Floyd was damn near unbeatable. Ward is very much the same. Perhaps Ward's style is even more fail proof than Mayweather's albeit not as pretty or technically sound at this point. He's still learning though.

Comment

Like I said before Dawson was weight-drained, and the way he looked against Hopkins, someone would have eventually beat him other than Ward. I think Ward is beatable, and Dawson can beat him if he's 100% mentally prepared and determined, which is very rare for him to be in that type of form.

Dawson was at his peak in 2007 when Floyd Sr was his trainer, it's no coincidence that his boxing skills started to decline once he left Floyd Sr over petty reasons. And it's because Dawson constantly switches trainers is the reason why he's not fighting like he used too. Andre Ward has had only one trainer throughout his professional career and that is Virgil Hill. If Ward dropped Virgil Hill two years ago and hired Freddie Roach, he would not be the boxer he is now.

Dawson has had a total eight different trainers in his career, four in the last five. Dawson with Steward, as seen in the Diaconu fight, he knew when to throw a left cross or right hook, he knew when to create distance. Against Ward he just was throwing punches, he didn't know what to do because Scully didn't prepare Dawson properly for Ward, he was weight drained, training-camp was terrible, Scully sucks as a trainer, and of course Ward was just too good.

Dawson is the type of boxer who does well if training camp is good. If Steward is telling Dawson how he should box, how he should prepare for his opponent, Dawson will listen and he will implement that in the ring. That's why Dawson was so successful under Sr, because Floyd Sr taught Dawson how he should box, and he disciplined Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                      Like I said before Dawson was weight-drained, and the way he looked against Hopkins, someone would have eventually beat him other than Ward. I think Ward is beatable, and Dawson can beat him if he's 100% mentally prepared and determined, which is very rare for him to be in that type of form.

Dawson was at his peak in 2007 when Floyd Sr was his trainer, it's no coincidence that his boxing skills started to decline once he left Floyd Sr over petty reasons. And it's because Dawson constantly switches trainers is the reason why he's not fighting like he used too. Andre Ward has had only one trainer throughout his professional career and that is Virgil Hill. If Ward dropped Virgil Hill two years ago and hired Freddie Roach, he would not be the boxer he is now.

Dawson has had a total eight different trainers in his career, four in the last five. Dawson with Steward, as seen in the Diaconu fight, he knew when to throw a left cross or right hook, he knew when to create distance. Against Ward he just was throwing punches, he didn't know what to do because Scully didn't prepare Dawson properly for Ward, he was weight drained, training-camp was terrible, Scully sucks as a trainer, and of course Ward was just too good.

Dawson is the type of boxer who does well if training camp is good. If Steward is telling Dawson how he should box, how he should prepare for his opponent, Dawson will listen and he will implement that in the ring. That's why Dawson was so successful under Sr, because Floyd Sr taught Dawson how he should box, and he disciplined Dawson.
                      bla bla bla

You Sir dont know have to decipher what makes a fighter, simple as that.

If you know the intangibles of fighting you would have seen a motivated hungry Dawson giving all he had.
                      In theory he could have been drained,sick,overtrained bad strategic or God knows what, what matters is what happens inside the ring.
                      There was no drained,unmotivated Chad dawson, just a Dawson up against a fighter with skills soo advanced Dawson could do nothing right.
                      If it was Dawson getting TKO`d against some random fighter I would be more suspect, but that is not the case.
                      Look at Wards run in the supersix, the one thing that sticks out more then anything its have he made topnotch fighters look medicore.

And talking about his clear dominance against Hopkins, when have anyone EVER beaten the Executioner that convincingly?

The truth is that Ward would have beaten Dawson just as bad at LH, and Dawson is still a top 10 pfp fighter.
                      Last edited by 110110110; 09-12-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X