No announcement yet.

Haye v Chisora will be freak show - Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye v Chisora will be freak show - Wladimir Klitschko

Wladimir Klitschko believes the heavyweight clash between David Haye and Dereck Chisora on 14 July will be a "freak show".

The Britons, involved in a brawl after Chisora's defeat by Vitali Klitschko in February, had the fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation.

"It's a freak show under freak rules," the Ukrainian world champion told BBC Radio 5 live.

"It's a spit in the face of the British Boxing Board of Control."

The BBBofC will not sanction the contest because neither man holds a British boxing licence.

Wladimir was in Munich supporting his brother when Haye and Chisora grappled with each other during the post-fight press conference.

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in of the WBC title contest and then spat water in the face of Wladimir, moments before the bout.

As a consequence, the 28-year-old had his boxing licence withdrawn although he has appealed against the decision. Haye opted not to renew his own licence having announced his retirement in October 2011.

"To get a licence for this man [Chisora] is disgraceful for the sport," added the 36-year-old, who is the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO champion.

"How can you have such an event featuring a man who has shown his behaviour to the world, especially considering what he did at the press conference, where he threatened Haye. It's something that isn't good for the fans and sport.

"How's it possible that this is happening on British soil?"

The Klitschko brothers' manager Bernd Boente agreed with the sentiments and also told BBC Radio 5 live: "They both lost to the Klitschkos. They are on the second level. We could [not] care less."

British boxing promoter Frank Maloney said the fight would damage boxing.

"These guys are two losers. It's happening because of a punch-up in a press conference," he told BBC Sport.

"What sort of message does that send out to young people? If you want to get on in the sporting world, be a thug, that's what it really sends out.

"It's bad for British boxing, bad for boxing worldwide. It sends out the wrong message."

However, former British WBC super-middleweight champion Carl Froch was not entirely dismissive of the fight.

"If the fans want it, it should happen, but there should be a meeting with the BBBofC and both fighters," Froch told BBC Radio 5 live.

"I wouldn't say the fight shouldn't happen, because if the rules are there and they can get licences somewhere else then why not?

"You've got to make a living. I'm sure Haye isn't short of a few pound notes, but Chisora hasn't had such a glossy career and he needs to work. He's been banned for a reason - a correct reason - but it's not for me to say either way, it's for the board to sort out.

from the BBC.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17993451

Obviously they are gonna hate.......This is way more exciting then Klitschko VS Tompson

Comment

Going to be a freak show? Already is.

Comment

Haye - Chisora will outsell Klitschko - Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
          Haye - Chisora will outsell Klitschko - Thompson.
          If I televised and sold tickets to me having a **** it would outsell Klitschko-Thompson II

Comment

That's why it's the most exciting HW fight in years.....

Comment

I'm a big Klitschko fan, but I wish Wlad would shut the **** up.

Comment

No its entertaining. That presser had more spark than Wlads whole career.

Comment

I see where Wlad is coming from. BBBC wanted to make an example of Chisora to other fighters and Warren has spat in their face.

But Wladimir isnt fighting anyone of intrest at the moment.

So this is the best fight at HW right now.

Comment

All your fights have been freak shows.

Comment

Working...
                    X