Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales: I Would Like To Fight Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana is a slugger, JMM will counter his a$$ all night long. It would be a good match to watch if it happens. WAR Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by jltsmae View Post
      that is why JMM duck/ does not need to fight Morales, right? okay...
      Do you know that JMM is lobbying for a third fight with Manny Pacquiao, who many people have as their P4P #1? With that said, how can you say that he is ducking Erik Morales?

Last night was special. I'm so glad that I ordered the PPV. I'll never forget the Morales/Maidana fight. Unbelievable.

Comment

Man, I just wish my boy Morales would drop those extra five pounds of chub and go for the title at lightweight...He handled himself like a REAL PRO against Chino, but the difference in size and girth was obvious.

Comment

Erik Morales is shot he has nothing left the guy was paceing him selfe for crying outloud HE WILL NOT BEAT JMM HE WOULD GET HIS ASS KICKED

Comment

Maidana just isn't that good. Morales is my favorite fighter, but man let's be real here. Maidana barely beat Chop Chop Corley too. I say Morales still needs to stay away from a guy like Brandon Rios and Berto is probably too big for Morales.

Comment

There are two good fights i would like to see Marquez in, #1 fight Guerrero and if he wins, get his a** beat by Pacquiao. Then after getting is a** beat by Pacquiao, #2 fight Morales and the winner rides off into the sunset to retirement. The looser fights one more time and wins so that he can retire with dignity.

Comment

Anybody who thinks Marquez ducked Erik Morales is crazy.

Comment

It still baffles me that people think Juan Manuel Marquez is old and misses a beat now. I just finshed watching the Katsidis fight and Marquez is STILL a very good fighter. Actually he is one of the greats. I give Marquez a shot at beating whoever he fights in his weight range. dude is tough as nails and accurate. He barely wastes his punches. Best Mexican technician in the sport today. I would like to see Marquez/Morales though but Marquez takes it.

Comment

Even tho I still admire JMM as a fighter, my admiration/liking of him as person has sunk quite a lot recently, because of that whole affair with Canelo and his "campaigning" against him. I see it as an act of envy and disrespect towards a very promising young fighter. Instead of supporting him and trying to act more like a mentor, he sought to undermine him and his career saying he doesn't deserve a title shot. VERY uncool move Juan! That is hitting low.

Others I didn't expect much from, Torres is just a c*nt, but him I expected to act more dignified.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                      Even tho I still admire JMM as a fighter, my admiration/liking of him as person has sunk quite a lot recently, because of that whole affair with Canelo and his "campaigning" against him. I see it as an act of envy and disrespect towards a very promising young fighter. Instead of supporting him and trying to act more like a mentor, he sought to undermine him and his career saying he doesn't deserve a title shot. VERY uncool move Juan! That is hitting low.

Others I didn't expect much from, Torres is just a c*nt, but him I expected to act more dignified.
                      Come on man. Why should Marquez, who is battle tested and respected in the sport of boxing be envious of a kid that is getting pampered? Marquez is right about Canelo. They gave him two gift wins in one night. Putting him up against Hatton and having that title on the line. Canelo needs to fight someone of noteworthiness. That's why there are so many young fighters getting beat up once they go one level up because their not being tested but rather used as money machines in PR and Marketing campaigns. Marquez is from the oldschool PLUS he's Mexican and while Canelo is Mexican dude ain't testing the waters. He's being kept safe and sound. Martinez got stripped for two rightfully owned titles to go to other fighters that didn't even deserve to be fighting for them. Something is wrong with that.
                      Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-10-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X