No announcement yet.

Americans, part 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NO FEAR View Post
    ... what the fcuk was that "fight" last night? 17 years in the making and that's what they have to show us? Is that seriously the best America has to offer these days? To be honest, as a bit of a Roy Jones Jr fan I did get a little interested and watched this fight on sopcast, but after about 3-4 rounds of Bernard Hopkins fouling non fcuking stop and not even getting as much as a warning I tuned out. Can someone explain why Hopkins has been able to go throughout his career fouling everyone he has faced and gotten away with it? America is corrupt in every which way you look at it ladies and gentleman. What bothered me more was the way Roy Jones Jr, a once proud and honorable man, seemed to accept his fate with a wry smile. **** that ****. You guys are a disgrace.
    When is this guy's expiration date?

Comment

Now that all the bottom-of-the-barrel American posters have put in their two pennies worth, including their totally creative and orginal non-spam picture postings, anyone have a serious answer to this? Why has America, once the self proclaimed "home of boxing" become such a corrupt morass of money hungry, cheating bastards? I find the moniker, the "home of the non event" more fitting. All these guys do is make the sport look bad, and use it as a way to make more money for themselves. They don't care about legacies, or history, or the fans, or the health of the sport. America needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Comment

Now that all the bottom-of-the-barrel American posters have put in their two pennies worth, including their totally creative and orginal non-spam picture postings, anyone have a serious answer to this? Why has America, once the self proclaimed "home of boxing" become such a corrupt morass of money hungry, cheating bastards? I find the moniker, the "home of the non event" more fitting. All these guys do is make the sport look bad, and use it as a way to make more money for themselves. They don't care about legacies, or history, or the fans, or the health of the sport. America needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

yea, we cant all be fortunate enough to have Froch and David Haye to root for...

Comment

You're right. We're sorry.

Sincerely,
          America

Comment

As oppose to the UK who puts a kid with 18 wins in ppv only to get KTFO by a unknown colombian in the first round?

What british fighters dont fight for money? Cheating?

How about you take a look at the dirrell vs froch scorecard?

Dont be a hypocrite & act all high & mighty as if corruption & greed are beneath you. Boxing has always been a corrupt sport that only cares about itself whether its in america, the uk, thailand, or africa.

For a poster that has impartial boxing fan as his user title you are pretty hypocritical & severely biased with your thread topic, avatar, & signature.

Make sure when you come out & play you have your laces tied next time....

because referee howard john foster wont be here to give you enough time to recover when you are getting you ass handed to you like ricky.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              As oppose to the UK who puts a kid with 18 wins in ppv only to get KTFO by a unknown colombian in the first round?

What british fighters dont fight for money? Cheating?

How about you take a look at the dirrell vs froch scorecard?

Dont be a hypocrite & act all high & mighty as if corruption & greed are beneath you. Boxing has always been a corrupt sport that only cares about itself whether its in america, the uk, thailand, or africa.

For a poster that has impartial boxing fan as his user title you are pretty hypocritical & severely biased with your thread topic, avatar, & signature.

Make sure when you come out & play you have your laces tied next time....

because referee howard john foster wont be here to give you enough time to recover when you are getting you ass handed to you like ricky.
              This guy just pwned the **** out of you TS. Now go eat some tea & crumpits and stfu.

Comment

"pwned the ****"..? He didn't address any of the questions I put forward, although that's ok, they're moreso rhetorical. This is not about Great Britain. Britain is a small and proud boxing nation, with 80% of its broadcasts being interntaional fights. I am above these posts by typical nationalist, biased, brain washed Americans, the kinda people who hang on Larry Merchant's every word.

Comment

... what the fcuk was that "fight" last night? 17 years in the making and that's what they have to show us? Is that seriously the best America has to offer these days? To be honest, as a bit of a Roy Jones Jr fan I did get a little interested and watched this fight on sopcast, but after about 3-4 rounds of Bernard Hopkins fouling non fcuking stop and not even getting as much as a warning I tuned out. Can someone explain why Hopkins has been able to go throughout his career fouling everyone he has faced and gotten away with it? America is corrupt in every which way you look at it ladies and gentleman. What bothered me more was the way Roy Jones Jr, a once proud and honorable man, seemed to accept his fate with a wry smile. **** that ****. You guys are a disgrace.
                  Both those guys last night not only own Calzaghe prime for prime for are ranked higher than him atg

Comment

how about that gary lockett?

Comment

so because one crafty fighter cheats (no american roots for this btw) the whole system is somehow corrupt? get ur head out of your ass ts!

Comment

Working...
                      X