[VIDEO] Manny 2014 - the full film

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMNTForever View Post
    Just saw it.

So basically, Floyd's response to Pac's challenge was to post the opening scene of Pacquiao's big budget Universal Studios documentary on Instagram.
    floyd may be helping promote the film!?

Comment

2thumbs up! Surreal!

Comment

Originally posted by ButtScratcher^^ View Post
        This docu is one of the most unpretentious I've ever seen. Where else can you find something as raw as this?; --Most documentary story I've seen is skewed to the greatness of the protagonist, this, not only managed to show manny's greatness but also the lowest point of his career a.k.a. marquez's knockout with great emphasis in it, it also showed how he views the world according to how he got brought up and the constant struggles in life he constantly battled with in his childhood.

And most of all, the film is able to express the voice of his fans through what was going on in his inner circle via there opinion bout koncz and arum I believe this is done without any intervention or influence from the characters in the movie thus it's really really raw and uncut.

This docu will be a treasure to pacman fans once his career is over, most specially if he ends it by defeating floyd emphatically. Marquez is most likely to be lured out because money pot could be too hard to resist anymore and very most likely manny will finally get his revenge too. Then he could retire in a sort of michael jordan'esk style.

P.S. Those that are offended with the farting and spitting of manny for fun is simply just an over-sensitive person who makes something like this a very big deal. Because Manny have gone through the hardest life possible in this modern times, he does not sweat this sort of thing. When you have gone through the trials and tribulation that manny have underwent, there is almost nothing that fazes you anymore. That is why he is able to cope with the knockout as easy as breathing itself. His mental fortitude is above ****ing limit because experiences in life made him as tough as he could be.

But to people who live in their parents basements, who lived in a silver spoon throughout their lives; --small things as farting, spitting and all that sort of little stuffs that doesn't threaten their very lives bothers them. They sort of treat it as major disrespect to them. --Small things become big deal.. Suddenly, life isn't fun anymore but a major struggle. Then, next thing you know, you will be sitting next to a guy in white collar giving you prescription on how to cope with anxiety.
        Good post.
        Exactly what I was gonna say. Who gives a shat when you know shat old be way worse. Also Filipinos do fuked up shat to their friends.

Comment

No subtitles? Only watched the first 10 minutes, but does he keep narrating in Filipino?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            No subtitles? Only watched the first 10 minutes, but does he keep narrating in Filipino?
            After that 10 min its in English bud.

Comment

Saw this last night, thanks again man...

I enjoyed it a lot to be honest, the parts with his big fights felt a little like nothing we hadn't seen before but it was still a great film/doc...I will definitely watch it again some time.

That part near the start where he goes to where he spent the first 5 years of his life (I think he said that...), again, things we kind of already knew, but to see it is INSANE, this guy virtually grew up in a jungle and 20 or so years later is at the peak of world sports on the main stage in America...Great story.

Comment

I like how they didnt shy away from opinions of Konz and Arum....And what Ariza said about the Bradley "scam" i mean fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
                  I like how they didnt shy away from opinions of Konz and Arum....And what Ariza said about the Bradley "scam" i mean fight
                  yeah i was suprise at some of the parts where i thought they shouldnt had show it but i guess since this is about manny's life, everything needs to be out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    After that 10 min its in English bud.
                    I caught it on a cheeky stream instead with subtitles throughout.

I enjoyed this film. Mostly the first half with how he came through etc. But also just all about how popular he actually is. Never since Ali or maybe Tyson has anyone been able to draw those kinds of crowds.

It's a testament to his greatness. I felt the bit at the end was unnecessary, but that's how documentaries are mostly.

Comment

Working...
                    X