No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Donaire beef ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    One of the reasons Donaire wanted to leave was because he wanted to be on Pac's undercards and never got the chance. Arum talking smack was only after he tried leaving.

I recall it was Michael Koncz who said he didn't want Donaire in Pac undercards though.
    That's interesting. Makes you wonder if Koncz himself didn't want it or if it was discussed and he was relaying the message, as most manager/advisors do.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Because he's a money maker and Arum isn't the kind of guy who puts people who can hold stand along shows on other people's cards. I doubt Donaire will be put on Pac's undercard anytime soon.
      I already said that at this point it doesn't make sense. I'm saying a few years back it would've seemed like the smart thing to do.
      Kind of like what he did recently with gesta, and the guy Gamboa fought ?
      Last edited by brickcityboxing; 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

Comment

So I took the opportunity to ask Donaire to set the record straight on some reports about him having a rivalry with Filipino Boxing icon Manny Pacquiao. Donaire simply laughed at the notion. "There's no rivalry," Donaire replied and continued, "I look up to Manny. I try to do my best and achieve everything that I can. That's the message I got from Manny." Donaire also spoke highly about Pacquiao and talked about how he enjoys hanging out with the 8 Division World Champion. "We always hang out when we both have time in Manila. There's really no rivalry. The respect level I have for him is so high man [...] there's no rivalry. You can ask Manny himself."

Perhaps the rivalry exists in the karaoke machine? "(Laughing) No man. In fact, I have pictures of him back when he was blonde, we were singing karaoke. That was before the Ledwaba fight. We used to take him out. They didn't have anything. They just left there (the managers and the promoters). They didn't have nothing to do, so my pops (Donaire's father and former trainer) and I, we'd take them out. Actually we had barbecue at the house -I used to live in LA- we'd have barbecue and stuff like that. He'd have a beer or two and we'd sing karaoke. He loves karaoke."

Donaire did admit however, that he was kicked out from the Pacquiao undercard by Pacquiao's advisor Michael Koncz. Donaire had always wanted to fight in the undercard of Pacquiao, whom is doesn't only consider as a friend, but his idol as well. 'That's what it is really. Michael Koncz is a c0*kblock, but it's okay. I have a big fight now against Montiel," Donaire concluded.
        http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...onaire-rivalry

Comment

Well I guess we can pretty much wrap things up here.

Comment

I don't think there is any beef between them. I have never read a direct quote from either of them saying anything but good things about each other and I have read the boxing scene headlines almost every day for years.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              Not saying he has to be part of his entourage. But yea from what I heard PAC and Amir are "good friends". You don't really hear about Rigo and Gamboa hanging out either but you know that they are somewhat friends/ friendly and definitely no bickering between their wives lol.
              Arum's just thinking Business. Putting Donaire in Pac undercard wont help. It might help Donaire but not Pac. Putting Donaire in his own card, makes him more money. Donaire might not be a draw like Pac, but he's big enough for HBO to give him 4 fights last yr. He gross probably $2M last yr. When Pac retires, Donaire will br there to continue gets the Philippine fans money!

Comment

don't know how old this video is but donaire and pacquiao seem pretty friendly together..

Comment

From what I remember from some of Donaire's radio interviews, the "beef" goes as far as Filipino fans not really respecting him the same way they respect Pacquiao. Donaire seemed to think it was because Filipinos think of him more as an American fighter.

Comment

It's odd somebody would write this, I always thought Manny would be more of a falafel guy myself.

Comment

They cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X