Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Chavez WILL sign contract and fight Martinez next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will never happen...just like Jr vs Cotto never happened and it was supposed to be his next fight 1 1/2 ago or so. All this talk is just free PR and an attempt to make him look worthy and more than his is about.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      http://r i n g t v.craveonline.com/blog/172487-mares

ARUM SAYS JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR. WILL FIGHT SERGIO MARTINEZ IF HE BEATS ANDY LEE

RING champion Sergio Martinez has signed a contract that is meant to guarantee him a Sept. 15 fight against the winner of a June 16 title bout featuring WBC middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and southpaw Andy Lee.

Arum said Chavez has not yet done so, but that he intends to after getting beyond Lee.

"Chavez is fighting Lee, and if Chavez beats Lee, then our intentions to fight Martinez next," said Arum of Chavez (45-0-1, 31 KOs), who successfully defended his title by unanimous decision over Marco Antonio Rubio in February.

"Once this fight is over with Lee, then we'll sit with Chavez and talk about Martinez. But all things will happen in due course."

In a clash that will take place at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas, Chavez will meet the Detroit-based Lee (28-1, 20 KOs), a winner of his past 13 fights, eight of them by knockout since himself being stopped by Bryan Vera in the seventh round in March of 2008.

Promoted by Lou DiBella, as is Martinez, Lee avenged his loss to Vera following a 10-round unanimous decision in October, and is coming off last month's second-round stoppage of Saul Duran.

"I already have a deal worked out with Lou, which is a 60-40 deal," said Arum. "I still have to obviously get some understanding of a guarantee with Chavez, but I'm not going to bother Chavez until after his fight is over with Lee."
      Dope Mayweather-Cotto photo in your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
        Dope Mayweather-Cotto photo in your signature.
        Richard Slone does some great work.

Comment

Heard it all before Arum...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            More reason to believe this is all bull**** coming from Arum's mouth. What is that sig someone has about Arum around here "Today Im lying. Tomorrow Im still gonna be lying." or some crap like that?

If they really wanted this fight they would've signed it already. My guess is they haven't signed it yet cause they're gonna come up with some bull to get out of it.
            Maybe, maybe not. Arum has worked with Dibella before in a Martinez fight. Chavez seems to really want this fight too. So who knows. It wouldn't surprise me if they said they will leave 160 cuz' they can't make it anymore without fighting Sergio and campaign at 168. And, it wouldn't surprise me if they do fight Sergio. If Chavez beats Lee he has put in the most work besides Sturm and the winner of Geale-Pirog for a Martinez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              http://r i n g t v.craveonline.com/blog/172487-mares

ARUM SAYS JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR. WILL FIGHT SERGIO MARTINEZ IF HE BEATS ANDY LEE

RING champion Sergio Martinez has signed a contract that is meant to guarantee him a Sept. 15 fight against the winner of a June 16 title bout featuring WBC middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and southpaw Andy Lee.

Arum said Chavez has not yet done so, but that he intends to after getting beyond Lee.

"Chavez is fighting Lee, and if Chavez beats Lee, then our intentions to fight Martinez next," said Arum of Chavez (45-0-1, 31 KOs), who successfully defended his title by unanimous decision over Marco Antonio Rubio in February.

"Once this fight is over with Lee, then we'll sit with Chavez and talk about Martinez. But all things will happen in due course."

In a clash that will take place at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas, Chavez will meet the Detroit-based Lee (28-1, 20 KOs), a winner of his past 13 fights, eight of them by knockout since himself being stopped by Bryan Vera in the seventh round in March of 2008.

Promoted by Lou DiBella, as is Martinez, Lee avenged his loss to Vera following a 10-round unanimous decision in October, and is coming off last month's second-round stoppage of Saul Duran.

"I already have a deal worked out with Lou, which is a 60-40 deal," said Arum. "I still have to obviously get some understanding of a guarantee with Chavez, but I'm not going to bother Chavez until after his fight is over with Lee."
              This is pure nonsense. Sitting and talking with him about the fight is not the same as signing the contract. This fight was supposed to take place two fights ago and now Arum is going to sit and talk with him after the Lee fight. This is more BS from Bob Arum. There will be no Chavez-Martinez fight. I can almost guarantee it.

Comment

HAHA, Arum is going to make him sign it..

Want to know why? Because he knows damn well Chavez won't re sign. He wants him to lose before he leaves to GBP.

Comment

They ain't signing shizz, come on, no one is buying this bull

Comment

The funny thing is that it was alright for Arum to line up Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez in advance for Pacquiao. But all of a sudden it's not okay to line up Martinez for Julio???

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      The funny thing is that it was alright for Arum to line up Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez in advance for Pacquiao. But all of a sudden it's not okay to line up Martinez for Julio???
                      ....^^^^^TRUTH^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X