• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Q: Why didn't Lebron go to college?

A: Because he can't pass the finals.
    I L'dMAO. Thats facebook status material hahahaha :weed5:

Comment

There was no QUIT in Jordan...**** a flu, **** a semi-retirement...he was a born-winner. I hated him in his heyday, but the man was a beast!

Comment

He had the skills but more importantly.... He had the rare ability to lead a team.

He elevated the play of the people around him. Even though he wasn't the best team mate and he even faught guys at practice, he gave 110% and demanded 110% from the guys around him. He got that.

That is what made Jordan great in my book. The skills were there but he had the most important intangible.

Kobe has surpassed him though. I had Jordan ahead of him for so long because Kobe couldn't do 1 thing. That's lead a team. He has finally become a team leader and therefore he has surpassed him.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          He had the skills but more importantly.... He had the rare ability to lead a team.

He elevated the play of the people around him. Even though he wasn't the best team mate and he even faught guys at practice, he gave 110% and demanded 110% from the guys around him. He got that.

That is what made Jordan great in my book. The skills were there but he had the most important intangible.

Kobe has surpassed him though. I had Jordan ahead of him for so long because Kobe couldn't do 1 thing. That's lead a team. He has finally become a team leader and therefore he has surpassed him.
          Agree with everything except Kobe surpassing Jordan...I just don't see that same drive, intensity, x-factor (what say you) from Kobe. Kobe's the closest one, no doubt, but still not equal or greater than Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
            Agree with everything except Kobe surpassing Jordan...I just don't see that same drive, intensity, x-factor (what say you) from Kobe. Kobe's the closest one, no doubt, but still not equal or greater than Jordan.

I think Kobe always had that drive. The thing is, Kobe had the stigma of being a ball hog. Let's be real, in 15yrs of playing basketball he wins league MVP 1x and it came in 2008? Yet LBJ just as big if not than more a ball hog wins 2x back to back. C'mon now.

He can do anything Jordan can do, plays with all the injuries and sicknesses Jordan has. Has won with a HOF and won with players who couldn't hold a match to Jordan's crew. He just couldn't elevate the play of people around him like team leaders are supposed to until recently (2008). Something Jordan was always able to do.

Not to mention is the only guy who drops 30 on a team and is considered to have a bad game. (2010 finals, ESPN analysts constantly spoke about Kobe having a bad game after dropping 33 then 38.)

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              1. nike marketing

2. slow , unathletic white boys guarding him

3. a weak league diluted by expansion and other great players getting old
              You are insane. Teams were executing illegal defenses against Jordan. Triple teams, Quadruple teams and some times Entire teams playing Man to man on just him!

The Pistons were literally punching him in the mouth and never called for flagrant fouls. Despite this he still managed over 30 per game,

Comment

Working...
              X