Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Midwest produce the best Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine, Russia, the Phillipines and Puerto Rico produce the best boxers nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      Ukraine, Russia, the Phillipines and Puerto Rico produce the best boxers nowadays.
      We are just talking exclusively U.S, and on that note when Ricans come here most move to N.Y so we have that influx of style in this area.

Comment

Agreed to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
          You consider Louisville as "the South"? I've spend much time there. i don't.
          Thats not an opinion. You need 8th grade geography. Remember the Uni. of Kentucky is in the SEC. easy enough

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            We are just talking exclusively U.S, and on that note when Ricans come here most move to N.Y so we have that influx of style in this area.
            Puerto Rico has really good fighters but they are not popular because they are the best but because Ricans will die by their fighters even if they are mediocure(exibit A: Trinidad). Yeah I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              Thats not an opinion. You need 8th grade geography. Remember the Uni. of Kentucky is in the SEC. easy enough
              What is it about this board that you guys throw around childish insults?

Please look at a map. Louiville is on the border of Indiana. Louisville is closer to Cincinnati than it is to the South. Having spent months there myself, I will continue to consider Northern Kentucky as part of the Midwest.

But have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                What is it about this board that you guys throw around childish insults?

Please look at a map. Louiville is on the border of Indiana. Louisville is closer to Cincinnati than it is to the South. Having spent months there myself, I will continue to consider Northern Kentucky as part of the Midwest.

But have at it.
                below mason/dixon line= south..... end of discussion

Comment

LOL no they don't. Look at the P4P list and the amount of champions from the United States and Mexico. United States produce more world champions and the best fighters in the world past, present, and future.

Now to answer the question I would say its obviously between the midwest and the northeast. Philly and NY have produced great fighters but so have cities like Detroit and the Ohio cities. The northeast might produce more fighters but neither one of their cities can trump a city with the great fighters of Detroit/Michigan.

Stanley Ketchel
                  Thomas Hearns
                  Sugar Ray Robinson(pretty much born in Detroit, moved there when he was one)
                  Joe Louis
                  Floyd Mayweather

5 of possibly the top 30 boxers ever were from the state of Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    LOL no they don't. Look at the P4P list and the amount of champions from the United States and Mexico. United States produce more world champions and the best fighters in the world past, present, and future.

Now to answer the question I would say its obviously between the midwest and the northeast. Philly and NY have produced great fighters but so have cities like Detroit and the Ohio cities. The northeast might produce more fighters but neither one of their cities can trump a city with the great fighters of Detroit/Michigan.

Stanley Ketchel
                    Thomas Hearns
                    Sugar Ray Robinson(pretty much born in Detroit, moved there when he was one)
                    Joe Louis
                    Floyd Mayweather

5 of possibly the top 30 boxers ever were from the state of Michigan.
                    Dumbass you just owned yourself.
                    There's currently only 2 or 3 Americans on the top 10 p4p list. Considering America is probably the most populous country that has widespread participation in boxing it comes as no surprise but is a rather pathetic showing compared to the past. Thus this is evidence of stark decline.

As for your assertion that Michigan produced the best fighters, they do have some good ones but SRR was not born in Detroit, that's nice how you tried to sneak the 'great one' in there like that.

Willie Pep was from the east coast, so was Jake Lamotta(new york), and Bennie Leonard(NY), Joe Gans (MD), Harry Greb (PA), Rocky Marciano(MA), Gene Tunney (NY), Sandy Saddler (MA), Pernell Whitaker (VA), Bernard Hopkins (PA), etc, etc...as you can see the best (this was taken from p4p 50 list) mostly come from the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
                      Dumbass you just owned yourself.
                      There's currently only 2 or 3 Americans on the top 10 p4p list. Considering America is probably the most populous country that has widespread participation in boxing it comes as no surprise but is a rather pathetic showing compared to the past. Thus this is evidence of stark decline.

As for your assertion that Michigan produced the best fighters, they do have some good ones but SRR was not born in Detroit, that's nice how you tried to sneak the 'great one' in there like that.

Willie Pep was from the east coast, so was Jake Lamotta(new york), and Bennie Leonard(NY), Joe Gans (MD), Harry Greb (PA), Rocky Marciano(MA), Gene Tunney (NY), Sandy Saddler (MA), Pernell Whitaker (VA), Bernard Hopkins (PA), etc, etc...as you can see the best (this was taken from p4p 50 list) mostly come from the east coast.
                      I didn't say SRR was BORN in Detroit! What I said is SRR was basically born in Detroit. He was born in Georgia but at the age of 1 years old he moved to Detroit. He then spent a very large portion of his minor years living in Detroit until he moved to NYC. You should pay more attention to the post.

As for the P4P thing 3 out of the top 10 is pretty damn good. Stop using size of a country as an excuse. If you guys are going to say that America boxing is dying then you best be able to back that **** up and prove that it is. Pavlik, Mayweather, Dawson, Mosley, Bradley, and Hopkins being in the top 25 proves that America is still producing tons of great fighters. 6 out of the top 25 fighters are American yet the sport is dying? Show me a country that has more.

Comment

Working...
                      X