Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is boxing's best color commentator/analyst?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Tarver, Merchant, Steward, and Watts.

Atlas is awful, and Kellerman is very annoying. Bernstein and Farhood are too biased against European boxers. Matthews is far too negative and Lennox is just too dumb.

Comment

I like tarver,but Manny is good too. Teddy Atlas drives me up the f.ucking wall!

Comment

merchant, then kellerman then atlas. Atlas would have the best technical knowledge of the sport though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
          I like Tarver, Merchant, Steward, and Watts.

Atlas is awful, and Kellerman is very annoying. Bernstein and Farhood are too biased against European boxers. Matthews is far too negative and Lennox is just too dumb.
          how the hell is Lewis dumb??he gives really good feedback and commentary , and analysis regarding fighter's strategies.

Comment

Tunney, surely you cannot be serious voting for Jim 'sweaty sock' Watt. :laff2: He is the UK's worst ever commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Tunney, surely you cannot be serious voting for Jim 'sweaty sock' Watt. :laff2: He is the UK's worst ever commentator.
              I like Jim Watt, I enjoy the way he talks with the strong Scottish accent.

He usually scores fights correctly, his comments are accurate and insightful, he's not nearly as biased as that boring blow-by-blow commentator he works with.

Comment

I enjoy the way he talks with the strong Scottish accent.
                Good for you. The rest of us Brits can't stand his sweaty sock jock accent, and can barely understand him most of the time. There are nice Scottish accents, and there are horrible ones - his falls into the "I wish someone would smack him in the face" category.

He usually scores fights correctly, his comments are accurate and insightful, he's not nearly as biased as that boring blow-by-blow commentator he works with.
                You must be describing someone else. Watt is always complaining about trivial things during fights (even when it's a good fight), has bad scores, repeats the same obvious things over and over again, and as for bias it's usually absent - he just complains some more.

And yeah, his co-commentator Ian Darke is boring and ****. We don't like him, either. Duke McKenzie is the best.

Comment

Larry the Legend Merchant with Al and Steve and Max right behind him.

Comment

Merchant is ahead in the poll.

He's a legend, too bad he won't be able to work much longer due to his age.

Comment

Watt
                      Steward
                      Tarver

Comment

Working...
                      X