Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse Cherrypicker - Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka or Floyd Mayweather vs Andre Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Danny Garcia but the Salka fight is the worst cherry pick I can ever think of in my entire lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      And Brook,Thurman are all there for Khan and he fought Algeri and Collazo
      Stick t the topic larold the IDE has a point. Khan is a bigger threat to Floyd than Berto but once again Floyd chooses the less risky fight. I think Floyd abides khan but at least khan can try and box him he has speed and some power and a decent jab Berto has a good chin I guess

Comment

Floyd is undefeated for 17 years multi weight division champion multiple lineal champion and p4p king on his last fight. As far as I am concerned he can fight whomever he wants. Garcia on the other hand has a long road ahead of him and can't be making fights like this now.

Comment

Salka is ranked 33rd at 130 by boxrec so he had no business fighting the 140 pound champion of the world. Boxrec ranks Berto 20th at welterweight. Clearly Salka was by far the biggest cherry pick plus Garcia has been cherry picking ever since his good win over Matthysse. Mayweather has been fighting top guys time after time. He just fought his number one challenger last fight. If he wants to make his last fight an easy one with the 20th best welterweight in the world I have no problem with that. Sure, I would rather he fought Lara or Brook or Thurman but it's his choice. I don't blame him for not defending his 154 pound titles against GGG. He doesn't want to get KOed. Most middleweights refuse to fight GGG. Berto it is. Take it or leave it. Hell, it's free.

Comment

What kinda stupid question is this? Berto isnt even really a cherry pick if u wabt to be honest. Floyd gains nothing from fighting him and he has nothing to really lose besides a zero. But let's be honest, he's not losing to Khan, Thurman or any other ww at this belt. It's a crap fight. But it is what it is, a farewell. That's all it means.

Comment

Khan fighting Algieri when Algieri had just taken a six knock down 120 to 101 beatdown from Pacquiao is right up there with Mayweather fighting Berto as cherry picks go.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Khan fighting Algieri when Algieri had just taken a six knock down 120 to 101 beatdown from Pacquiao is right up there with Mayweather fighting Berto as cherry picks go.
                Not even comparable. Floyd came off fighting Pacquiao, Maidana X2 and Canelo. What was Khan last 5? I mean that's a great frikkin 5 wins for any fighter in the world besides mayweather and that's sad.

Comment

Lol, I still don't know why they let Mayweather speak so openly to the media. The general boxing public would have been accepting if Mayweather would have said he's fighting Berto as a stay busy, free PBC bout to give back to the fans until a PPV opportunity opened up next year.

But instead he comes out and states that he simply wants an easy fight.....he could have said it was a personal beef with Berto, anything other than "I want an easy fight."

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    Berto just went life and death with a shot version of Lopez
                    who I bet is Khans next fight btw

Comment

As much as i hate the Berto fight i'll have to go with Salka. That has ATG cherry picking status

Comment

Working...
                      X