Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kostya Tzsyu Vs Mathysse, Provodnikov, Broner (lol), etc...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kostya Tzsyu Vs Mathysse, Provodnikov, Broner (lol), etc...

So I started watching Tzsyus fights (thanks simbros), very skilled fighter with tremendous power, but rather thin resume.
    He wrecked most of his opponents until he faced Vince Phillips who could withstand the onslaught and dish it out. (Why was there no rematch?)

How would prime Tszyu have fared against the current crop of jr. welterweights?

Mathysse
    Peterson
    Provodnikov
    Crawford
    Broner
    Vargas
    Postol
    Herrera
    Benavidez
    Imam

and just for fun I throw Maidana to the mix

I actually think he knocks everyone out lol, maybe crawford in the future, but at the moment he is too inexperienced to fight against tszyu and i dont know how his chin will hold up (see gamboa fight)

On another note, do you think Golovkin will face his "Vince Phillips"? He is wrecking his opponents too without much resistence at the moment

War matthysse!!!

Comment

Vince Phillips was a talented fighter whos career was sidetracked by drugs..he fought an inspired fight and even Tszyu SAID the loss made him better...I think he beats all including Maidana..Tszyu beat Judah when he was highly rated and destroyed Sharmba Mitchell who was hot at the time..

Comment

Matthysse and Crawford would be the only two challenges on that list for Tszyu. Yeah his resume is weak, the division was weak those days and I think Tszyu is somewhat overrated but many of today's jr WWs and most of the ones listed are the exact calibre opponents Tszyu had an easy time with.

I think Matthysse would have a good shot at stopping Tszyu late.

Crawford might not do bad against Tszyu as I think he'd be probably up on the cards but get hit with a flush shot at some point that turns the fight in Tszyu's favor for good.

Comment

I was a Tszyu fan, think real highly of the guy.

Matthysse is one of the guys I'd give a real good shot. Tszyu showed some problems dealing with guys who could handle his punch and stay on his ass while dealing punishment. I consider Tszyu to be a better all around fighter, but he would either have to be on his top game as a boxer or hope he was able to break him down OR Matthysse gets him late.

Tszyu handles Peterson with ease. Probably by stoppage.

Tszyu outboxes Provo.

Crawford is another guy that would be a threat to Tszyu. He is a tough guy, down to fight, and has a real good, long right hand. I want to see more of Crawford to really know where he stands, but he'd make a good fight of it. Getting wobbled against Gamboa makes me a little suspicious of how he'd handle Tszyu's punch.

Broner might survive to lose a decision, but no way he beats Tszyu with his style.

Vargas would be a threat if he had some power, but I think Tszyu would be able to wear him down to win a decision or late stoppage.

I'd pick him against Maidana definitively. Maidana is tough as all hell, but he will go down. Maybe a stoppage.

Rest of the guys aren't really even worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post

Matthysse is one of the guys I'd give a real good shot. Tszyu showed some problems dealing with guys who could handle his punch and stay on his ass while dealing punishment. I consider Tszyu to be a better all around fighter, but he would either have to be on his top game as a boxer or hope he was able to break him down OR Matthysse gets him late.

Tszyu outboxes Provo.

Crawford is another guy that would be a threat to Tszyu. He is a tough guy, down to fight, and has a real good, long right hand. I want to see more of Crawford to really know where he stands, but he'd make a good fight of it. Getting wobbled against Gamboa makes me a little suspicious of how he'd handle Tszyu's punch.

Broner might survive to lose a decision, but no way he beats Tszyu with his style.

Vargas would be a threat if he had some power, but I think Tszyu would be able to wear him down to win a decision or late stoppage.

I'd pick him against Maidana definitively. Maidana is tough as all hell, but he will go down. Maybe a stoppage.

Good analysis. Him vs. Lucas would be a great fight and I'd say his biggest threat.

Comment

Tszyu outboxes Provo.

Didnt see the Hatton fight yet, but what I noticed is that tszyu had some problems against guys who got used to his offense and punched with him. (Tszyu always drops his hands after his offense). Besides Phillips, he was dropped two times against Hurtado and stunned in the first Mitchell fight for a second. He also had some problems against boxers who got off first with their punches.

I think he wins against matthysse with a late knockout. Crawford punches with you, but i have concerns about his chin.
              Stylistically Vargas would give him problems, he is very quick and precise, but he lacks power to keep tszyu off him.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Good analysis. Him vs. Lucas would be a great fight and I'd say his biggest threat.
                Thanks and I agree.

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                Didnt see the Hatton fight yet, but what I noticed is that tszyu had some problems against guys who got used to his offense and punched with him. (Tszyu always drops his hands after his offense). Besides Phillips, he was dropped two times against Hurtado and stunned in the first Mitchell fight for a second. He also had some problems against boxers who got off first with their punches.

I think he wins against matthysse with a late knockout. Crawford punches with you, but i have concerns about his chin.
                Stylistically Vargas would give him problems, he is very quick and precise, but he lacks power to keep tszyu off him.
                When evaluating Tszyu, I think you need to take into account how he evolved as a professional. Tszyu was a tremendously skilled fighter with a great amateur background, but he tended to obscure his more subtle technical skills with his overbearing aggression early in his career. I think the troubles he had against Phillips and Hurtado can in large part be attributed to his failure to take advantage of his full skill set.

I think Tszyu was a bit of a late bloomer as a pro, and I think he was at his best from around the MAG fight until his loss to Hatton. I actually think Tszyu was still quite good during the Hatton fight, but just not up for that kind of fight physically. He was more of a finesse fighter at that stage.

I have a hard time imagining Matthysse KO'd, even by Tszyu. I could definitely see him hurt and going down, but he is such a tough bastard I have a hard time seeing a stoppage. I pretty much agree regarding Crawford and Vargas.

Anyways, it was nice seeing a Tszyu topic. Thanks for bringing him up.

Comment

Thanks and I agree.

When evaluating Tszyu, I think you need to take into account how he evolved as a professional. Tszyu was a tremendously skilled fighter with a great amateur background, but he tended to obscure his more subtle technical skills with his overbearing aggression early in his career. I think the troubles he had against Phillips and Hurtado can in large part be attributed to his failure to take advantage of his full skill set.

I think Tszyu was a bit of a late bloomer as a pro, and I think he was at his best from around the MAG fight until his loss to Hatton. I actually think Tszyu was still quite good during the Hatton fight, but just not up for that kind of fight physically. He was more of a finesse fighter at that stage.

I have a hard time imagining Matthysse KO'd, even by Tszyu. I could definitely see him hurt and going down, but he is such a tough bastard I have a hard time seeing a stoppage. I pretty much agree regarding Crawford and Vargas.

Anyways, it was nice seeing a Tszyu topic. Thanks for bringing him up.
                  Solid post for a newcomer, can't green right now but I will do if I remember to come back

Comment

Tsyzu would most likely beat them all... Crawford has the best chance, but I see tszyu hunting him down eventually

Comment

Working...
                    X