Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Might Have Boxed for 14 Years but It Will Not Help you in a Street Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Might Have Boxed for 14 Years but It Will Not Help you in a Street Fight

You Might Have Boxed for 14 Years but It Will Not Help you in a Street Fight. You may have thrown fists with world class boxers but it would mean nothing in a street fight.

This thinking that comes from the people who never boxed or maybe played with it a little bit is just ignorant. They say, I've won all kinds of street fights but the thing is that they won the fights fighting other people who did not know how to fight or had any kind of training.

To them it would seem that studying and practicing badmitton or maybe playing football for 14 years would be the better skill to have should you end up in a fight.

My trainer used to tell me that the guys fighting in the street don't want to fight against people who know how to fight or who might be able beat them. If they did they would all be down here training and fighting with us.

To all the egotistical maniacs who believe that good boxing skills would not help in a fight I say keep on in your dream world and keep on :wank: ing over your bad selves. Who did you ever fight and who did you ever beat...............Rockin

Yes it does. A guy who can box and not wrestle is 9/10 gonna beat a guy who can not box and not wrestle.

Plus if you box it generally means you are at a decent level of fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      You Might Have Boxed for 14 Years but It Will Not Help you in a Street Fight. You may have thrown fists with world class boxers but it would mean nothing in a street fight.

This thinking that comes from the people who never boxed or maybe played with it a little bit is just ignorant. They say, I've won all kinds of street fights but the thing is that they won the fights fighting other people who did not know how to fight or had any kind of training.

To them it would seem that studying and practicing badmitton or maybe playing football for 14 years would be the better skill to have should you end up in a fight.

My trainer used to tell me that the guys fighting in the street don't want to fight against people who know how to fight or who might be able beat them. If they did they would all be down here training and fighting with us.

To all the egotistical maniacs who believe that good boxing skills would not help in a fight I say keep on in your dream world and keep on :wank: ing over your bad selves. Who did you ever fight and who did you ever beat...............Rockin
      I grew up in Eastern Poland, and to say the least there are many *******s over there. Polish Chavs/Neds if you will. They all hang out near clubs and instead of trying to get laid, they look for fights with other dudes. Ive trained boxing for 8-9 years or so, and many times it came in handy. I have gotten in many fights in clubs, in the neighborhood, and I have found that knowing boxing is brutal in a street fight. The speed, power and placement of punches you acquire through training let you silence people easily. the usual moron charging at you with his windmill arms can be silenced really easily by a straight right to the chin. But you have to be careful not to really hurt anyone, as most boxers with around 3-4 years of training have the capacity to deal some very serious damage.

Usually a jab or 1-2 to the nose/jaw is enough to end a fight if you know what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
        Yes it does. A guy who can box and not wrestle is 9/10 gonna beat a guy who can not box and not wrestle.

Plus if you box it generally means you are at a decent level of fitness.
        but even if the guy knew how to wrestle who's to say that the boxer type couldn't just take a step or 2 backwards while popping his face with bare fists when he comes storming in. And what you said about fitness level is so true, any common guy will be gassed in 30 seconds or so once it gets going.

I just can't understand their reasoning in the matter........Rockin'

Comment

I wouldn't take it personally. I think he thinks he could whip Ricky Hatton, maybe even Pac in a street fight as well. I've been there. When I first got out of the Army, I couldn't imagine how Michael Carbajal could whip me in a street fight and everyone thought I was crazy. Not crazy, just naive.

Comment

It would help anyone tremendously, pretty sure Ivan Calderon would touch me up and I wouldn't be able to hit him even if I am about a foot taller than him and have around 90lbs on him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              And what you said about fitness level is so true, any common guy will be gassed in 30 seconds or so once it gets going.
              this is what people are underestimating the most. i think a of people just don't realize how tough it is to fight, darting in, throwing combo, and darting off to the side. it's high intensity stuff.

Comment

It took about 7 years of training and turning pro before I was fully confident of my skills had I gotten into a street fight. I mean after 3 years I had won a state golden gloves title but fighting amatuer and fighting pro are very different. In highschool nobody wanted to mess with me. Not because I walked around like a tough guy, on the contrary I was very nice with everybody, but simply because they knew that I fought for fun (in the ring ofcourse) and heard that I was getting good. Being a boxer actually kept me out of alot of fighting situations simply by reputation. It was funny, I'd get in the mix to pull a guy off of a friend and suddenly everybody seemed to chill out and it was over.............Rockin'

Comment

"Being able to punch harder can't help you in a street fight..."

What? Anybody who thinks that needs to have his head examined. Ivan Calderon's old midget ass would turn me inside out if he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    "Being able to punch harder can't help you in a street fight..."

What? Anybody who thinks that needs to have his head examined. Ivan Calderon's old midget ass would turn me inside out if he wanted.
                    I think that even more important then punching harder is the fact that trained fighters can take a shot. If they are stunned they have already learned to keep composed and fight on. The average guy would fold once he's dazed or stunned. Years and years of trained fighting builds skill and tolerance to what the common man has seen or experienced.........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X