No announcement yet.

Peoples thoughts on improving glass chins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Ah ofcourse, sorry but it does show that Hopkins being dropped twice by a light puncher in Mercado who lost 10 fights is a drastic improvement from the Hopkins that can't be stopped.
    oh yeah for sure.

Comment

Conditioning ie. being used to fighting heavy punchers.
      Fighting at your correct weight.
      Having a top class defence. (recent example: look at Juan Diaz, he hardly got tagged at all against Katsidis the other night)

Comment

I have never boxed, so this is purely speculation, but I was wondering if simple age does not play a part? I am pretty certain that 27 year old me is bigger, stronger and could take a harder punch than 21 year old me, its the difference I suppose between being a man and a boy.

Comment

Part of being able to take a good shot is also psychological.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Part of being able to take a good shot is also psychological.
            That is exactly what I was looking for silencers more than anything else. I can't think of any instances off hand and will have to do some digging but am pretty sure hypnotherapy has been used to improve a chin slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
              That is exactly what I was looking for silencers more than anything else. I can't think of any instances off hand and will have to do some digging but am pretty sure hypnotherapy has been used to improve a chin slightly.
              I haven't heard of that actually happening apart from Collins using it as a ploy against Eubank before their first fight, I wonder if it's possible.

Comment

If you have a glass chin i cant see it becomming a good chin. I remember watching Cus or Rooney say they took alot of time working on the neck as the believed it helped punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                  If you have a glass chin i cant see it becomming a good chin. I remember watching Cus or Rooney say they took alot of time working on the neck as the believed it helped punch resistance.
                  That was the other thing I was thinking as well. Nicely pointed out.

Comment

Makes sence. If you have a tree for a neck then its gonna help!!

Comment

I don't see any cure for a glass chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X