Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why So Much Hate for Jermain Taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor is a bum, just like hopkins and gayweather.

Comment

i think people are just waiting for taylor to fight someone who can punch. spinks is dead in the water against taylor.

spinks is better than mora though.

Comment

I dont hate jermaine Taylor the man or even the boxer.. he is a polite and good guy.. and he is a decent boxer.. what I hate is the HYPE which I find pure bull****.. I just dont see what its all about.. all I see is an above average boxer who fights too negatively

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          I dont hate jermaine Taylor the man or even the boxer.. he is a polite and good guy.. and he is a decent boxer.. what I hate is the HYPE which I find pure bull****.. I just dont see what its all about.. all I see is an above average boxer who fights too negatively
          He's done well enough to be considered P4P and he has beaten solid opposition. I don't see how he's overhyped. He has delivered against top opposition. His power is the only thing that is overrated...

Comment

I agree, Hopkins gets credit for his wins when Taylor gets bashed. Taylor fought three fights in a row against top 5 p4p guys. I thought the Ouma fight was bull****, but I dont blame him for the Spinks fight.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              He's done well enough to be considered P4P and he has beaten solid opposition. I don't see how he's overhyped. He has delivered against top opposition. His power is the only thing that is overrated...
              There is room for improvment.. I am not saying the guy is hopeless
              He has alot of potential.. and is very marketable..But sooner or later he is going to have to give THAT dominate performance his promise keeps teasin us with..

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                I really don't understand why people are up in arms over Taylor looking to fight Spinks now that the Mora fight appears to have fallen apart. Personally, I don't like to see a champion in any division consistently fighting guys at lower weight classes and that is what Taylor has done 90% of his career. But the thing is at middleweight there really aren't any proven fighters. The only guys who are considered threats to him are Pavlik and Miranda, but they've already signed to fight each other and the winner will get his shot against Taylor. Neither Pavlik or Miranda are proven fighters, especially Pavlik. Fighting either one of them is really no better than fighting Sergio Mora anyway. Besides, Jermain already beat Hopkins twice and he's considered one of the best middleweights of all time. Taylor has proven he can beat a top middleweight already.

Why does Taylor gets so much **** when Bernard Hopkins' best wins were against smaller fighters? He will always be known for his wins over Trinidad and DLH. DLH didn't even belong at middleweight. The rest of Hopkins' competition was solid to good, but he never did fight a great, natural middleweight but that seems to be good enough to be considered an ATG.

It just makes no sense to **** on the Spinks fight when it is clearly an upgrade from the Mora fight. If the Spinks fight happens, Taylor's last 4 opponents would be Hopkins (who was considered #1 P4P), Winky Wright (top 3 P4P), Kassim Ouma (one of the top jr. middles), and now Spinks (former RING champion at 147 and currently considered the man at 154). That is a pretty damn impressive string of fights. When was the last time any fighter fought this many good opponents in succession? Give Taylor some respect for taking on 4 top fighters in a row...
                Its because Miranda is taking on steller opposition like Willie Gibbs, Allan Green and Kelly pavlick and Taylor is taking on **** opposition like world champions winky wright, bernard hopkins, kassim ouma and cory spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                  above average fighters dont beat bernard hopkins and kassim ouma and draw with winky wright.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                    above average fighters dont beat bernard hopkins and kassim ouma and draw with winky wright.
                    Yeah, seriously. Taylor needs polish, but he is a P4P level fighter without a doubt. Anyone who hates on Taylor and doesn't think he's that good knows absolutely nothing about the sport...

Comment

I have always really liked Taylor......However it just so happens he has fought some of my favorite fighters of all time the past few years and not really beaten any of them convincingly I.E. Hopkins I and II and Winky Wright but he gets praised like he has done something so great....lets face it yes there have been worse decisions over the course of history but He got very lucky to get the nod in the first fight especially given that Hopkins had reigned supreme for so long and he did take the 2nd fight albeit narrowly....and flat out lost to Winky and got a gift draw......It just has turned me sour on him but I still think he is a very admirable young man and very good fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X