Who Wins: Mike Tyson vs. Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Carlos is right.

How many times can a person read "Tyson and Frazier have similar styles" before losing his mind?
    Tyson and Frazier fought nothing alike. They weren't built anything alike either. The only thing they had in common was height.

If you want a style comparison, Tyson fought like Patterson and Jose Torres.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      And you are a cheerleader for this Pacquiao fanboy. The only thing worse than being FightingPride, or anybody as stupid as him, is being his cheerleader. Congratulations, you've outdone yourself.

Somebody has to. These idiots run around on this site as they have for years and pretend to be boxing fans when in reality they do not follow the sport, and have only seen Pacquiao fights from 08 to now, and highlight reels from earlier in his career. They can talk about Floyd and Manny all day for all I car, which is what they do, but for them to talk about legendary fighters and ATG's like Tyson, Frazier, Ali, etc. is a disgrace to those fighters and the sport. If Pacquiao fans weren't so stupid I wouldn't need to, but what he said was idiotic and I just called him on it.
      And who are you exactly, the ultimate boxing fan god/expert?

Just because a fan doesn't have the same amount of knowledge as you think it doesn't mean they can't be a fan.

Why don't u enlighten us with your wisdom? It would be more productive than ranting.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
        And who are you exactly, the ultimate boxing fan god/expert?

Just because a fan doesn't have the same amount of knowledge as you think it doesn't mean they can't be a fan.

Why don't u enlighten us with your wisdom? It would be more productive than ranting.
        Compared to this idiot? Yes, I'm God. Have you seen anything he's posted? He is not a boxing fan at all. He is a Pacquiao fanboy and nothing more, and to talk about Tyson and Frazier without having a clue is a disgrace to the fighters and the sport and I felt like giving my 2 cents, just as you have to me. Aren't we free to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          If Frazier survives early, he wins.
          He wouldn't survive. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I'd say it's a toss up. Prime Tyson never faced anybody who hit as hard as Frazier and had as much heart. What happens if Frazier is still there after 5-6 rounds? I could see Tyson falling apart as Frazier gets stronger and starts smoking. I could also see Tyson destroying Frazier early.
            Agreed to all. But the bold makes me laugh. It makes me think of Ken Norton's remark during his commentary to the "Thrilla in Manila."

And while Tyson, at his peak, could have beaten anyone that ever lived, there's a reason why Frazier consistently ranks higher on ATG heavyweights lists.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              I wonder how Frazier Holmes would play out.
              Similar to Ali-Frazier, I reckon. But the score might've been "Smokin'" Joe 2, Larry 1.

Comment

Pick 'em fight.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                  Compared to this idiot? Yes, I'm God. Have you seen anything he's posted? He is not a boxing fan at all. He is a Pacquiao fanboy and nothing more, and to talk about Tyson and Frazier without having a clue is a disgrace to the fighters and the sport and I felt like giving my 2 cents, just as you have to me. Aren't we free to do that?
                  You haven't added a single thing to this thread, aside from trash talking people.

You call everyone else an idiot, but you're looking like a complete fool your damn self. Your "2 cents" in this thread, isn't even worth that...

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    And you are just an idiot. I mean, why are you insulting him? This guy just gave his opinion about a dreammatch. WTF is your problem. Hate this keyboard warriors.
                    Green K sent.

Comment

Frazier hits the canvas a couple times early, and finishes the fight brutalizing Tyson, winning a close decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X