Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Barrera and Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrera's father is a very successful architect and I heard his mother is a nurse. But non of that matters cause Barrera was a crazy mofo. He'd steel off on anyone at any given time. I loved prime Barrera!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      So is Barrera sort or snooty then, thinking of someone poor or growing up poor as beneath him?
      he basically meant that Morales had no class. So yeah, you could put it that way but he was young when he said all this stuff, I wouldn't really take it all to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        Barrera's father is a very successful architect and I heard his mother is a nurse. But non of that matters cause Barrera was a crazy mofo. He'd steel off on anyone at any given time. I loved prime Barrera!
        Me too. Check out a career set on him sometime. I believe he was 15 when he debuted as a pro. How is that even legal? Or is that just allowed in places like Mexico?

Comment

Me too. Check out a career set on him sometime. I believe he was 15 when he debuted as a pro. How is that even legal? Or is that just allowed in places like Mexico?
          It is legal almost anywhere except here in the U.S. People here may not like him as much as Erik because the cunts are lost in their moral high.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
            Barrera did say some pretty offensive stuff when they were promoting their fights. Barrera was real uppity because he came from a middle class Mexican family and he was educated. I remember during an interview they were both sitting side by side and Barrera told the reporter that Morales was a "uneducated indian". I think this is where it stems from.
            It's teh truth though, innit.

Comment

So is Barrera sort or snooty then, thinking of someone poor or growing up poor as beneath him?
              I think it was more that he just hated Morales and was trying to twist a knife. You'll say some hateful shit to people you don't like, even if you don't believe it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Morales is from Tijuana while Barrera is from Mexico City. Those cities aren't even close to each other so popularity is likely regional when they are fighting each other.
                This is your answer

Comment

No, but I think he took that on board because I also remember Erik using that against Barrera from the opposite perspective. He had said that Barrera isn't a 'real' fighter because he comes from the upper/middle class. It's as much the classic class divide as anything. They both used that against each other.

Comment

It depends on where you are from. I know after the first time they fought Barrera won alot of Mexican fans over even though the judges stole the decision. Barrera was a warrior and took it to Morales.

Comment

I think they both have pretty big egos which stop them patching things up. From the limited research Ive done it was the difference in backgrounds. I have it in my head that Morales once said 'I might have been poor but im rich now and hes still a f****t'

Comment

Working...
                      X